Nickel

Mining Weekly reported MMC Norilsk Nickel (LSE:MNOD) will complete airborne geophysical surveying and surface geochemical prospecting in the Tekwane area of Botswana during the first quarter of 2012.

Mining Weekly reported MMC Norilsk Nickel (LSE:MNOD) will complete airborne geophysical surveying and surface geochemical prospecting in the Tekwane area of Botswana during the first quarter of 2012.

As quoted in the market news:

The exploration zone is in the eastern part of the Tekwane area and adjacent to Norilsk’s Tati Nickel subsidiary. The Russian group owns 85% of this operation, while the remaining 15% is held by the Botswana government.

Tati Nickel comprises the Phoenix openpit and the Selkirk underground mine. Selkirk is, however, not operational, being in a state of care and maintenance. It is going to be converted into an openpit operation, and equipped with a dense-media separation plant (DMS) and a concentrator.

Click here to read the full Mining Weekly report.

MARKETS

Markets
TSX19620.13+43.09
TSXV664.17+4.09
DOW32803.47+76.65
S&P 5004145.19-6.75
NASD12657.55-63.03
ASX7015.60+40.70

COMMODITIES

Commodities
Gold1774.96+1.14
Silver19.90+0.01
Copper3.55+0.07
Palladium2124.59+12.40
Platinum936.51+2.50
Oil88.53-0.01
Heating Oil3.20-0.13
Natural Gas8.01-0.12

DOWNLOAD FREE REPORTS

×