Buxton Resources Ltd. (ASX:BUX) announced final assay results for both diamond core holes sampled as part of a Phase 2 drill program at its Double Magic nickel-copper project.
Buxton Resources Ltd. (ASX:BUX) announced final assay results for both diamond core holes sampled as part of a Phase 2 drill program at its Double Magic nickel-copper project. According to the company, the project hosts better-than-economic nickel-copper grades and thicknesses.
- >3% Ni mineralisation intersected at 3 separate targets (B, C, D)
- High grade mineralisation at Conductor D remains open along strike and down plunge. Drilling targeting extensions is planned
- First pass Ni-Cu mineral exploration (Buxton’s aerial VTEM survey) over large un-explored areas of mapped Ruins Dolerite to the east of the main project area has identified 22 new conductors, of which an initial 8 have been prioritised for immediate follow-up subject to weather and access
- Diamond drill core assays received
- An interpretation of mineralisation geometry and genesis at Double Magic has been developed based on all data available; this confirms the potential of the project to host significant deposits
- Buxton to continue Phase 3 drilling and exploration programs as soon as weather and access permits
Eamon Hannon, Buxton’s CEO, said:
Buxton has the first mover advantage in what we now consider exceptionally prospective ground, in one of the world’s best jurisdictions for exploration.
The company has immediate follow up drilling targets at Conductors B, C and D and in addition numerous high priority new targets in previously unexplored areas.