Tetra Bio-Pharma (TSXV:TBP) announced a non-binding term sheet with Altus Formulation for a joint venture to formulate, develop and deliver cannabinoid derived therapeutics for a number of indications.
As quoted in the press release:
Altus has three distinct drug delivery technologies that will provide Tetra with significant strategic advantages over the competition. These include Intellitab abuse deterrent technology, Flexitab breakable sustained release tablet technology and SmartCelle nano-technology. SmartCelle’s ability to enhance the solubility of our THC and CBD products permits increased oral absorption and enables parenteral delivery. All platforms are protected by patents in force globally.
The Proposed Joint-Venture will provide Tetra Bio-Pharma with:
- Increased intellectual property protection for products developed under the joint venture;
- Access to abuse deterrent technology to minimize non-medical use of cannabinoids;
- An enhanced development pipeline addressing new therapeutic areas;
- Opportunities for disease-appropriate delivery including intranasal and intravenous delivery; and
- Increased oral drug absorption with immediate and extended release products.