Clearstream previously announced that, effective September 28, 2018, they would no longer be settling and safekeeping securities whose main business is connected directly or indirectly to cannabis and other narcotics products.
Naturally Splendid’s current business activities are limited to hemp-based food and health products for people and pets. Naturally Splendid does not deal in marijuana or marijuana related products. Industrial hemp products are currently permitted in Canada pursuant to the Industrial Hemp Regulations (Canada). Although Naturally Splendid is exploring the development and distribution of cannabinoid (CBD) based products, it is limiting its activities in this area only in those jurisdictions where such products are legally permitted. Naturally Splendid is not in the business of producing, distributing, or dealing with high THC (above 0.3% in Canada) products, either for medicinal or recreational purposes.
As such, Naturally Splendid has requested that Clearstream remove NSE from its list of restricted cannabis related securities. This follows after the European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) has independently reached out to Clearstream similarly requesting that Naturally Splendid, along with four other industrial hemp companies, be removed from Clearstream’s restricted list.
Naturally Splendid CEO and Director Douglas Mason states, “We immensely value our German and European shareholders that have been affected by the Clearstream decision to delist cannabis related securities, and we are taking every possible step to address this issue. NSE will provide further updates as they develop.”
About Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
Naturally Splendid is a biotechnology and consumer products company that is developing, producing, commercializing, and licensing an entirely new generation of plant-derived, bioactive ingredients, nutrient dense foods, and related products. Naturally Splendid is building an expanding portfolio of patents (issued and pending) and proprietary intellectual property focused on the commercial uses of industrial hemp cannabinoid compounds in a broad spectrum of applications.
Naturally Splendid currently has four innovative divisions:
(1) BIOTECHNOLOGY – Focused on three major platforms:
- Proprietary HempOmega™ encapsulation
- Extraction and formulation with Cannabidiol (CBD)
- Hemp and plant-based proteins
(2) CONSUMER PRODUCTS
- NATERA® – brand of retail hemp and superfood products distributed throughout North America, Asia and Europe.
- NATERA® Sport™- brand of plant-based performance focused products.
- NATERA® FX™ – a practitioner focused line of health & wellness products.
- The Bar Makers (Prosnack Natural Foods Inc.) makers of (Elevate Me™) – lifestyle brand of healthy meal replacement products distributed throughout North America.
- Chi Hemp Industries Inc. (CHII) – e-commerce platform for natural and organic hemp products.
- PawsitiveFX® – pet care and food products.
- NATERA®CBD – retail hemp-based cannabinoid nutraceutical and cosmeceutical products distributed in Asia.
- NATERA®Skincare – brand of retail hemp based cosmeceutical products.
(3) NATERA® Ingredients – bulk ingredients including HempOmega™.
- Naturally Splendid Hemp Processors Ltd. – is a science-based, industrial hemp seed processing business located in Abbotsford, BC. Listed as the only strictly organic hemp seed processor in North America.
(4) Co-Packaging/Toll-Processing – packaging for house-brands (NATERA®,CHII™ and Elevate Me™ ) and third-party partners.
For more information e-mail email@example.com or call Investor Relations at 604-673-9573
On Behalf of the Board of Directors
Mr. Douglas Mason
Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
(NSP – TSX Venture; NSPDF – OTCQB; 50N Frankfurt)
#108-19100 Airport Way
Pitt Meadows, BC, V3Y 0E2
Office: (604) 465-0548
Fax: (604) 465-1128
Information set forth in this news release contains forward-looking statements that are based on assumptions as of the date of this news release. These statements reflect management’s current estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations. They are not guarantees of future performance. Naturally Splendid cautions that all forward looking statements are inherently uncertain and that actual performance may be affected by a number of material factors, many of which are beyond Naturally Splendid’s control including, Naturally Splendid’s ability to compete with large food and beverage companies; sales of any potential products developed will be profitable; sales of shelled hemp seed will continue at existing rates or increase; the ability to complete the sales of all bulk hemp seed purchase orders; and the risk that any of the potential applications may not receive all required regulatory or legal approval. Accordingly, actual and future events, conditions and results may differ materially from the estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations expressed or implied in the forward-looking information. Except as required under applicable securities legislation, Naturally Splendid undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking information.
NEITHER TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.