AgraFlora received a cannabis research licence, giving it the ability to develop cannabis-infused beverages at its facility in Toronto.
AgraFlora Organics International (CSE:AGRA,OTCPK:AGFAF) has been awarded a cannabis research licence from Health Canada, giving the company the ability to develop cannabis-infused beverage formulations at its GMP bottling facility in Toronto, Ontario.
As quoted in the press release:
In anticipation of the Research Licence, AgraFlora began comprehensive retrofit initiatives at the Toronto Bottling Facility including the completion of a cannabis research laboratory (the “Research Laboratory”) within its current GMP-certified premises. The Research Laboratory consists of state-of-the-art equipment for weighing, handling and processing microdosages of CBD and THC compounds, including magnetic mixers, homogenizers and high-pressure liquid chromatograph (“HPLC”).
The Company plans to immediately commence cannabinoid-related research and development activities, including:
- Establishment of extraction protocols to isolate specific desirable compounds, including CBD, THC and THCV;
- Cannabinoid extract infusion analysis relating to formulation and pilot batching;
- Identification of process and physiochemical product attributes paired with analytically guided optimization;
- Development of optimized blend formulations for water solubility and shelf stability ratios/forms;
- High-pressure homogenization to produce superfine emulsions from cannabis oil; and,
- Centrifugal partition chromatography to develop compounds in a powdered format.