In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup.
On Thursday, the New York Federal Reserve President John Williams stated that policymakers need to add stimulus early on and cannot wait for economic disaster to hit. The announcement led the S&P/TSX Composite index (INDEXTSI:OSPTX) to rise on Friday. The index was also buoyed by a rise in crude oil prices as tensions spiked in the Middle East. The US claims they destroyed an Iranian drone in the Strait of Hormuz, pushing the energy sector higher. On the downside, Statistics Canada reported that the value of the Canadian retail trade unexpectedly dipped by 0.1 percent in May, the first decline in four months. As for the S&P/TSX Venture Composite Index (INDEXTSI:JX), it’s been on the rise all week.
In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup:
- First Cobalt and Glencore Conclude Term Sheet for Refinery Restart
- Surge Acquires Strategic Land Positions Adjacent to the Thorn Project of Brixton Metals
- Pancon Expands Its 100%-Owned Jefferson Gold Project to Surround the Former Brewer Gold Mine Property in South Carolina
- Nevada Sunrise Announces Water Right Settlement Agreement with Albemarle Corporation
- Silver Spruce Announces Advanced Gold Project Acquisition
- Searchlight Resources signs Agreement to Option 100% Interest in New York Canyon Property to Emgold Mining Corp.
- Northern Lights Announces Acquisition of the Secret Pass Gold Project in Arizona
- 21C Further Expands Scale of Palladium Project