Perseus Mining Ltd. (TSX:PRU,ASX:PRU) announced assay results from recent infill drilling at the Mampong deposit, located at its Ghana-based Edikan gold mine.
Perseus Mining Ltd. (TSX:PRU,ASX:PRU) announced assay results from recent infill drilling at the Mampong deposit, located at its Ghana-based Edikan gold mine. The results are from a planned 5,600-meter program that is about half complete at this point.
- MPRC146 – 12m at 3.0g/t Au from 32m including 1m at 21.8g/t Au from 39m
- MPRC147 – 28m at 1.6g/t Au from 60m including 2m at 7.6g/t Au from 66m
- MPRC148 – 5m at 17.0g/t Au from 53m including 1m at 80.7g/t Au from 53m
- MPRC150 – 12m at 14.2g/t Au from 8m including 1m at 123.3g/t Au from 10m
- MPRC162 – 12m at 3.2g/t Au from 56m
- MPRC168 – 4m at 35.5g/t Au from 59m including 2m at 64.0g/t from 60m
Jeff Quartermaine, Perseus’ managing director, commented:
The Mampong infill drilling programme forms part of a broader near mine exploration programme intended to identify higher grade mineralisation that has the potential to improve the head grade of mill feed at the Edikan Gold Mine. The drill results announced today are very encouraging in this context and we will be looking forward to additional success when the remainder of the Mampong drilling programme is completed in coming months.
The positive results at Mampong come on the back of recent drilling success at the Bokitsi deposit where the overall gold grade of the Measured and Indicated Mineral Resource was successfully increased to 3.0g/t.