Continental Gold Drills 8.1 m @ 137.5 g/t Gold, 24 g/t Silver, Extending Yaragua Mineralization to the East and 30 m @ 20 g/t Gold, 33 g/t Silver, Expanding a High-Grade Subzone in Veta Sur
Continental Gold Limited (TSX:CNL) is pleased to announce results for 13 diamond drill-holes from the Company’s ongoing program at its Buriticá Project in Antioquia, Colombia.
Some highlights include:
- Over 86,000 metres of diamond drilling have been completed on the property to date and ten drills are currently on schedule to complete approximately 100,000 metres of surface and underground drilling by the end of 2011.
- Yaragua System:
- BUSY189, drilled in the east of Yaragua has intersected high-grade mineralization, including:
8.1 m @ 137.5 g/t Gold, 24 g/t Silver, including 1.4 m @ 368.6 g/t Gold, 31 g/t Silver
This intercept and others in BUSY189 indicate that the Yaragua/Yaragua South system remains open to the east of the current resource model.
- BUSY191 and BUSY197, drilled to the west of the Yaragua System, each encountered multiple vein sets within broader mineralized intervals, extending several of the Yaragua family of veins to the west of the Diatreme Fault and at depth, mostly outside of the current resource model. Significant intercepts include:
2.8 m @ 13.1 g/t Gold and 2.2 m @ 13.5 g/t Gold in BUSY191
6.2 m @ 4.6 g/t Gold deep in BUSY197
- BUUY60 and BUUY61 in the sparsely-drilled central Yaragua area intersected high-grade mineralization in the southern and central Yaragua vein sets deeper than previous drilling in this area including:
3 m @ 20.7 g/t Gold and 14 g/t Silver in BUUY60
- BUUS005, BUUS008 & BUUS009, short holes drilled south from the San Antonio vein development each intersected a high-grade vein demonstrating 75 metres of strike length of this vein in the hanging wall of the San Antonio vein family.
- Veta Sur System
- BUSY193 intersected several vein sets in central Veta Sur including:
30 m of 20 g/t Gold and 33 g/t Silver, including 2.45 m @ 39.5 g/t Gold and 29 g/t Silver and 5 m @ 57 g/t Gold and 102 g/t Silver
This intercept extends a thick high-grade subzone deep in Veta Sur to over 60 metres of strike length and remains open laterally and vertically.
- BUSY195 extends the Veta Sur system to the southwest and at depth in an area outside the current resource model. The system remains open to the southwest of and below the high-grade intercept of:
2.7 m @ 25.4 g/t Gold and 33 g/t Silver at RL 1504 m
- BUSY200, drilled in northeast Veta Sur, intersected several vein sets and broader mineralized intervals with relatively higher silver/gold grades, including:
1 m @ 0.6 g/t Gold and 250 g/t Silver at RL 1662 m and 1 m @ 16.6 g/t Gold and 95 g/t Silver at RL 1460 m
Intercepts further down-hole exhibit higher gold/silver grades and include:
1.29 m @ 15.9 g/t Gold and 14 g/t silver at RL 1219 m
This intercept is the deepest encountered in eastern Veta Sur and is outside the current resource model.
- Deep drill-hole, BUSY221, has encountered apparently mineralized Stage I-style veins (awaiting assay) between RL’s 1000-900 metres, some 250 metres below previous intersections in central-western Veta Sur and separated laterally by 200 metres from deep intercepts in BUSY210.