North River Resources plc (LSE:NRRP) provided an update on its wholly-owned Namib lead-zinc project, commenting that results from channel sampling are encouraging and include results of 20 percent zinc.
As quoted in the press release:
- Channel sampling highlights include results from one in situ stope of approximately 25m2 assayed:
- 20.0% zinc (‘Zn’), 0.2% lead (‘Pb’), 33ppm silver (‘Ag’), 95ppm indium (‘In’) over 4.29m
- 17.7% Zn, 0.7% Pb, 55ppm Ag, 77ppm In over 6.29m
- 18.9% Zn, 0.1% Pb, 31ppm Ag, 69ppm In over 3.55m
- An intersection demonstrating 20.5% Zn, 0.1% Pb, 50ppm Ag, 266ppm In over 1.20m from 2.5 level – this sample was taken from the end of an accessible stope and the sample was taken over the full width of the stope at that point. There is no development below this stope and so this represents a drill target to test for recoverable high grade material in the upper levels of the mine
- Potential for significant semi-massive to massive zinc-lead mineralisation below the previously mined areas