Danakali Ltd. (ASX:DNK) provided an update on the definitive feasibility study for its Colluli Potash Project in Eritrea, Africa.
Danakali Ltd. (ASX:DNK) provided an update on the definitive feasibility study for its Colluli Potash Project in Eritrea, Africa. Pilot tests have been successfully completed, as well as groundwater testing; rock salt resource definition is approaching completion. The definitive feasibility study is now expected to be completed by Q4 of 2015.
As quoted in the press release:
- Pilot tests successfully completed, generating 300kg of high purity SOP sample for distribution to potential future customers and project equipment suppliers
- Process flow diagrams and equipment lists completed
- Metallurgical optimisation testwork has significantly reduced processing plant water consumption requirements by 60%
- Groundwater testing at site has identified potassium bearing brines, suitable as supplementary process plant water
- Groundwater testing at site has also indicated the presence of large subsurface aquifer – which has the potential to completely eliminate the requirement of the 75km seawater delivery pipeline from Anfile Bay
- Detailed mine scheduling well advanced
- Rock salt resource definition approaching completion
- DFS to be completed and announced in Q4 2015