The addition of the Slim Modiolar Electrode further strengthens Cochlear’s market-leading portfolio of electrodes uniquely designed for preservation, performance and surgeon preference.
Independent research shows electrode contacts positioned closer to the hearing nerve significantly improve hearing performance in patients with severe to profound hearing loss.5-8
“Our new Slim Modiolar Electrode is the latest perimodiolar array innovation in our portfolio of electrodes, and it really does make a difference for our customers and the surgeon,” said Tony Manna, President of Cochlear North America. “Feedback from leading surgeons around the world provided us with valuable insights as we developed this electrode. Cochlear now offers the world’s thinnest, full-length perimodiolar electrode, offering smooth and easy insertion during surgery and optimal hearing for our customer afterwards.”
The Slim Modiolar Electrode features a unique insertion mechanism that allows surgeons to tailor their electrode insertion approach for the individual patient’s needs, making insertion smooth and easy.9,10 It is compatible with round window, extended round window and cochleostomy insertion approaches and can be reloaded if required.
The addition of the Slim Modiolar Electrode further strengthens Cochlear’s market-leading portfolio of electrodes uniquely designed for preservation, performance and surgeon preference. The Nucleus implant portfolio offers surgeons and their patients a wide choice of electrodes for different types of hearing loss.
About Cochlear Limited (ASX: COH)
Cochlear is the global leader in implantable hearing solutions. The company has a global workforce of 2,800 people and invests more than AUS$100 million a year in research and development. Products include cochlear implants, bone conduction and acoustic implants, which are designed to treat a range of moderate to profound types of hearing loss.
Over 450,000 people of all ages, across more than 100 countries, now hear because of Cochlear.
- Data on file – Hi-Focus Mid-Scala Electrode brochure (028-M270-03). https://www.advancedbionics.com/content/dam/ab/Global/en_ce/documents/professional/HiFocusMid-Scala_Electrode_Brochure.pdf and Flex 2.
- Cochlear Limited recipients registered with Nucleus Profile cochlear implants, August 2016.
- Data on file – CLTD5446: Clinical investigation of the Nucleus CI532 cochlear implant.
- Data on file – CI532 Temporal Bone Usability Test Report, 2014.
- Holden LK, Finley CC, Firszt JB, Holden TA, Brenner C, Potts LG, et al. Factors affecting open-set word recognition in adults with cochlear implants. Ear Hear.2013 May-Jun; 34(3):342-60.
- Esquia (2013): Esquia Medina, GN., Borel, S., Nguyen, Y., Ambert-Dahan, E., Ferrary, E., Sterkers, O., Bozorg Grayeli, A. Is Electrode-Modiolus Distance a Prognostic Factor for Hearing Performances after Cochlear Implant Surgery?. Audiol Neurotol 2013;18:406–413. DOI: 10.1159/000354115.
- Van der Beek (2005): van der Beek, FB., Boermans, PP., Verbist, BM., Briaire, JJ., Frijns, JH. Clinical evaluation of the Clarion CII HiFocus 1 with and without positioner. Ear & Hear. 2005 Dec;26(6):577-92.
- Dowell, R. Evidence about the effectiveness of cochlear implants for adults. Evidence based practice in audiology: evaluating interventions for children and adults with hearing impairment. Plural Publishing. 141-166. 2012.
- 588021 | Data on file – EA32 Electrode Insertion Safety and Performance Study, 2015.
- Data on file – EMEA CI532 FEP 2015 – D806144.
©Cochlear Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Hear now. And always and other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of Cochlear Limited.
Video – http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/PRNA/ENR/Cochlear-Limited.mp4
Photo – http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160927/412488
Logo – http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130531/LA23942
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cochlear-launches-the-worlds-thinnest-full-length-perimodiolar-electrode-for-cochlear-implants-300336025.html
SOURCE Cochlear Limited