LED Medical Diagnostics Inc. (TSXV:LMD,OTCQX:LEDIF,FWB:LME) announced that its subsidiary LED Dental Ltd., specifically its division LED Imaging, introduced introduced new digital radiography intraoral sensor, the LED IS100 – a replacement for traditional dental film as it captures intraoral images of the teeth and supporting bone structures.
As quoted in the press release:
Designed with simplicity and versatility in mind, the LED IS100 intraoral sensor is a replacement for traditional dental film as it captures intraoral images of the teeth and supporting bone structures. The sensor boasts a number of product features that support practice needs, including:
- High-definition image resolution: With greater than 20 line pairs per millimeter spatial resolution, the LED IS100 provides practitioners with the high-quality images they need to make accurate diagnoses. With 16,384 shades of gray (14 bits), the images are crisp, clear, bright and contrasted.
- Direct USB plug-in: The LED IS100 plugs directly into any computer via a direct USB connection, eliminating the need for an inline controller, dock or hub. The sensor can easily be moved from one operatory to the next, which is ideal for multi-chair practices.
- Durable construction: Hermetically sealed casing ensures the intraoral sensor is waterproof and can easily withstand the process of disinfecting by submersion. Additionally, the LED IS100 includes a CMOS chip, fiber optics, scintillator and a shock absorption system.
- Ergonomic design: LED Imaging’s intraoral sensor is designed with both practitioners and patients in mind; the slim casing and rounded edges allow for faster, easier and more comfortable patient positioning.
- Diagnostic flexibility: The LED IS100 is available in two sizes to suit diagnostic needs, such as retroalveolar, posterior, bitewing and other necessary images. It can be used in endodontics, periodontics, prosthetic surgery and implants, as well as for cavity diagnosis. Plus, the sensor features an automatic wake-up system, so there are fewer steps required for the sensor to capture an image.
- Open-architecture workflow: The LED IS100 features an open-architecture design for streamlined integration with third-party software and imaging solutions. The intraoral sensor can be implemented into a practice seamlessly, further streamlining workflow.