VMS Ventures Reports 41,593 Tonnes of Ore Production at Reed Mine

- February 25th, 2015

VMS Ventures (TSXV:VMS) provided an update on operations at its Reed mine in Manitoba. The mine is owned 30 percent with Hudbay Minerals (TSX:HBM) the mine’s operator, owning the remaining 70 percent.

VMS Ventures (TSXV:VMS) provided an update on operations at its Reed mine in Manitoba. The mine is owned 30 percent with Hudbay Minerals (TSX:HBM) the mine’s operator, owning the remaining 70 percent.

Highlights of operations for January 2015 included ore production of 41,593 tonnes and the advancement of development at the mine by 311 meters. The mine has also had a good safety performance so far.

As quoted in the press release:

In the month of January 2015, mining activity concentrated on the copper rich Zone 20 lens. The main decline has been driven to the 235 metre level and ore development is ongoing on the 160 and 185 metre levels of Zone 20, and the 210 metre level of Zones 20 and 10. The focus for February will be on safety, ore production from Zone 20 on the 110 and 135 metre levels and driving the main decline below the 235 metre level.

VMS Ventures COO, Neil Richardson, said:

As of the end of January the mine has had 254 consecutive days with no lost time accidents. Expectations were exceeded for production and development metres in the month of January. We have intersected ore on the 210 metre level from both Zone 20 and Zone 10. High copper grades are anticipated as we continue to develop new working faces within Zone 10.

Click here to read the VMS Ventures (TSXV:VMS) press release

About VMS Ventures

“VMS Ventures Inc. is a mining and mineral exploration company currently in partnership with Hudbay Minerals on the producing Reed mine near Flin Flon Manitoba. VMS holds a 30% interest in the Reed mine which is operated by Hudbay Minerals and achieved full production during Q2 of 2014. In addition, VMS is exploring a large prospective property package in Manitoba. The Company is actively evaluating new growth opportunities to build on the success achieved at Reed. The Company also holds approximately 22% of the shares of North American Nickel (TSX VENTURE:NAN) which is exploring a new district scale nickel-copper-cobalt PGE deposit belt in S.W. Greenland.”

Leave a Reply