Gem

Forbes reported Harry Winston Diamond Corp. (TSX:HW,NYSE:HWD) diamond business took a nosedive in the third quarter of 2012.

Forbes reported Harry Winston Diamond Corp. (TSX:HW,NYSE:HWD) diamond business took a nosedive in the third quarter of 2012.

As quoted in the market news:

Sales in the Toronto-based company’s mining segment fell 40 percent, year-over-year, to $36.2 million for the quarter, ended October 31. Rough diamond production for the period increased 8 percent to 800,000 carats for the period. Harry Winston has a 40 percent ownership stake in the Diavik Diamond Mine in Canada’s Northwest Territories. Mining giant Rio Tinto owns the remaining 60 percent.

Click here to read the full Forbes report.

MARKETS

Markets
TSX20179.81+187.93
TSXV680.49+7.47
DOW33761.05+424.38
S&P 5004280.15+72.88
NASD13047.19+267.27
ASX7032.50-38.50

COMMODITIES

Commodities
Gold1801.89+0.36
Silver20.82+0.02
Copper3.68-0.03
Palladium2224.19+14.20
Platinum965.47+2.48
Oil91.88-2.46
Heating Oil3.51+0.03
Natural Gas8.78-0.09

DOWNLOAD FREE REPORTS

×