- The Special Committee and the Board unanimously determined that the Arrangement continues to be in the best interests of the Company and fair to Minority Shareholders
- The Board confirms its unanimous recommendation that Minority Shareholders vote FOR the Arrangement Resolution
- The Special Meeting is scheduled to be held at 12:00 p.m. (Montreal time) on December 9, 2022
- The Record Date for the Special Meeting remains September 19, 2022
- No action is required from shareholders that have already voted and do not intend to change their vote or exercise dissent rights
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. (TSX: TRQ) (NYSE: TRQ) ("Turquoise Hill" or the "Company") announced today that the Supreme Court of Yukon (the "Court") has issued an order amending the interim order (as so amended, the "Amended Interim Order") to, among other things, set a date for the postponed special meeting of Turquoise Hill shareholders (the "Special Meeting"). Pursuant to the Amended Interim Order, the Special Meeting will be held on December 9, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. (Montreal time) in person at Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, 1 Place Ville Marie, Suite 2500, Chapleau Room, Montreal,Quebec, Canada, H3B 1R1 and in virtual format via live audio webcast at https://web.lumiagm.com/449028588 . At the Special Meeting, shareholders will be asked to consider and, if thought advisable, pass a special resolution to approve the previously announced plan of arrangement (the "Arrangement") under the Business Corporations Act (Yukon) (the "YBCA") pursuant to which, among other things and subject to the satisfaction or waiver of all applicable conditions precedent, Rio Tinto International Holdings Limited ("Rio Tinto") will acquire the approximately 49% of the issued and outstanding common shares of Turquoise Hill that Rio Tinto and its affiliates do not currently own (the "Minority Shares") for C$43.00 per share in cash.