Roxgold Announces Record Gold Production in First Quarter 2018
Roxgold Inc. announced a record first quarter, with the production of 40,452 ounces of gold from the its Yaramoko Gold mine.
Roxgold Inc. (TSX: ROXG) announced a record first quarter, with the production of 40,452 ounces of gold from the its Yaramoko Gold mine located in Burkina Faso.
Highlights are as follows:
- 4.5 million hours worked Lost Time Injury (“LTI”) free at Yaramoko
- Record 40,452 ounces of gold produced in Q1 2018 ahead of expectations
- Record quarterly processing throughput of 71,576 tonnes – over 8% above nameplate capacity
- Construction works at Bagassi South continue on schedule, remaining on track for delivery of first ore in Q4 2018
- Three drill rigs continue to operate at Yaramoko targeting extensions to the 55 Zone and recently identified targets in the regional package, including the Bagassi Corridor
John Dorward, president and CEO, commented:
We are delighted with the continued strong operating performance at Yaramoko which achieved record gold production of 40,452 ounces for the first quarter. This achievement was a result of consistent optimisation and improvement at Yaramoko across all aspects of the operation.
During the quarter, we initiated the development of Bagassi South, our second high-grade underground gold mine, which is on schedule to add 40,000 ounces to Yaramoko’s annual production in Q4 2018. In addition, we are continuing to execute on our extensive regional exploration program in line with our growth objectives.