The company said it was excited with this find which has potential for a significant new copper discovery within its existing portfolio.
Hammer Metals (ASX:HMX) has reported a second zone of high grade copper-gold with results up to 25 percent copper at its Perentie project near Mt Isa in Queensland.
As highlighted in the press release:
- Judith prospect, the second of the new zones discovered at Perentie has returned rock chip values up to 25 percent copper and 7.23 grams per tonne (g/t) of gold.
- Judith is located 800 m north of the Paddy B prospect from where high-grade copper-gold results were reported last week.
- Disseminated mineralization occurring within quartz-carbonite veined and strongly ‘red rock’ altered granite up to 30 min thickness occurs over a 450 m strike length. This zone is shaping up as a high priority drill target.
- Six previously undiscovered copper-gold prospects have now been sampled at Perentie.
- Multiple other targets identified with a similar geophysical signature in the Perentie area. Ground investigation of these targets continues.
- Further assay results from the Susan prospect and anomaly 5 are expected within the next week.
- Hammer is extremely excited with this find which has potential for a significant new copper discovery within Hammer’s existing portfolio.