Developing High-Quality Diamond and Gold Projects in the Mining-Friendly Jurisdiction of Quebec
Canada is known as a large producer of many precious metals, but despite this reputation, diamond mines are still a rarity. With the diamond market experiencing positive momentum as we begin to see the light at the end of a long pandemic lockdown, investors are resilient and eyeing new opportunities to capitalize on growth in the near future.
Despite many disruptions to the diamond supply chain due to COVID-19, recent trends show global diamond prices and precious metal production are ramping up, especially as jewelry retail sales have surged in the past year. For companies operating in mining-friendly jurisdictions, this is an exhilarating time for diamond production. Jurisdictions like Quebec or Ontario — home to the famous De Beers' Victor Mine — present companies with excellent economic growth and discovery potential.
Tres-Or Resources (TSXV:TRS,OTC Pink:TRSFF) is focused on exploring its highly prospective diamond project and advanced gold project in the Témiscamingue and Abitibi regions of Québec. The Company's 100% owned flagship diamond asset, the Guigues Kimberlite Pipe, is advancing and in preparation for testing of macro-diamond content. Results from the microdiamond tests and Type II diamond classification that dominate the recovered microdiamonds points to a new and rare diamond discovery in the making. In addition, Tres-Or's advanced gold project that is under an option agreement with the private company, is proceeding with geologic modelling of historic results and working towards definition of a preliminary mineral resource estimate of 1.0 million ounces of gold or better. Tres-Or, French for “treasure" is an undervalued gem.
Quebec is a notable mining jurisdiction due to its Tier One mining status. This stable jurisdiction hosts government-supported mining conditions, rich resource networks and skilled local workforces and gives Tres-Or exceptional positioning in its mining exploration and discovery of diamonds and precious metals.
Tres-Or's 100 percent owned Guigues Kimberlite Pipe has diamond indicator mineral chemistry comparable to De Beers' world-class Victor Diamond Mine. The substantially sized kimberlite pipe leverages very good access and infrastructure as well as advanced testing conditions. The company has completed five (HQ-sized) drill holes and additional testing and analysis is underway to continue the exploration of diamond content.
This highly prospective diamond company has already completed a significant drill program in 2019 and commenced microdiamond testing and recovery in 2020.
In January 2021, Tres-Or announced the discovery of 48 more microdiamonds from the new samples of the Guigues kimberlite pipe by the Saskatchewan Research Council Geoanalytical Laboratories Diamond Services (SRC). All but three of the recovered microdiamonds were described by SRC as “white/colorless, transparent" with no or minor inclusions. This is a very exciting development in the project's timeline and discovery potential.
Tres-Or is excited to learn that Type II microdiamonds dominate the Guigues samples. This is another positive factor, along with the microdiamond counts themselves, strong diamond indicator mineral chemistry and the site's excellent access and infrastructure that are pushing our Guigues Diamond Project forward towards the first macro-diamond tests, which Tres-Or hopes to announce as the next steps to the discovery of commercial diamond content.
Tres-Or Resources has had a long-term working relationship with the Timiskaming First Nation. The company is committed to stakeholder satisfaction and participation from local communities. As there are very few diamond explorers in Quebec, and the company holds an advantageous position as a diamond mining company with high-reward and lower-risk potential.
Tres-Or Resources' Company Highlights
- Tres-Or Resources is a resource and mining company focused on developing its highly-prospective diamond projects in Quebec and working with partners to advance its gold project in Quebec. The jurisdiction hosts tier-one mining status, excellent infrastructure and resource-rich networks.
- The company's flagship Quebec diamond project hosts the Guigues Kimberlite pipe, which is 100 percent owned by Tres-Or and has the potential to mimic the production successes and microdiamond indicators of the famous De Beers' Victor Diamond Mine.
- A recent drilling campaign revealed 48 microdiamonds from new samples of the Guigues Kimberlite pipe. This discovery was recovered from 305 kgs of the Guigues pipe's drill core from previously unsampled intervals.
- Since January 2021, Tres-Or recently confirmed that Type II microdiamonds dominate the Guigues Kimberlite Pipe.
- The company intends to advance both its diamond and gold projects with drilling programs scheduled for 2021.
- Tres-Or presented the new photomicrographs of the Type II microdiamonds that dominate at the Guigues Kimberlite Pipe in southwestern Québec