Fortuna Silver Mines (NYSE:FSM)(TSX:FVI) is pleased to announce second quarter 2017 production results from its two operating mines in Latin America, the San Jose Mine in Mexico and the Caylloma Mine in Peru.
The company produced 2.1 million ounces of silver, 14,547 ounces of gold, plus base metal by-products. Silver and gold production for the first six months totaled 4.2 million ounces and 27,747 ounces respectively; being 1 percent and 4 percent above the company’s mid-year projection. Fortuna is on schedule to produce 8.1 million ounces of silver and 52.4 thousand ounces of gold or 11.2 million Ag Eq* ounces in 2017.
Second Quarter Production Highlights
- Silver production of 2,116,863 ounces; 36% increase over Q2 2016
- Gold production of 14,547 ounces; 55% increase over Q2 2016
- Lead production of 7,170,027 pounds; 19% decrease over Q2 2016
- Zinc production of 10,613,417 pounds; 5% decrease over Q2 2016
- Cash cost** for San Jose is US$61.7/t
- Cash cost** for Caylloma is US$85.4/t