Large Open Pit Silver Target in Arizona
Arizona Silver Exploration (TSXV:AZS) holds the Ramsey Silver Project, which includes the historic Ramsey mine, in the mining-friendly jurisdiction of Arizona. Ramsey hosts a polymetallic system of predominantly silver with potential lead-zinc by-products and recently identified anomalous to economic concentrations of gold. Mineralization on the Ramsey project is comprised of a high-grade vein surrounded by a thick, low-grade envelope with intercepts that are within less than 100 meters from surface, offering the opportunity for a low-cost open pit operation.
The company has identified a large geophysical anomaly that is 0.5 kilometer in diameter within a 1.5 kilometer zone of vein mineralization that extends beneath cover, offering potential exploration upside. “In the western United States most of the mineral systems that are outcropping have been explored over the last 20 to 30 years,” said Greg Hahn, President and CEO of Arizona Silver. “At Ramsey, we are heading into terra incognita in many respects and that is where the real opportunity lies—in mineral systems that extend under cover.”
Arizona Silver’s exploration strategy has focused on the historic production areas and then conservatively advancing exploration outside this zone with a goal of expanding the known mineral system. The company is currently conducting a two-phased exploration program which includes geophysical surveys and core drilling. Initial Phase 1 results were announced in January 2017 with further results due out later in the first quarter of the year.
The Phase 1 results are expected to give Arizona Silver the leverage necessary to raise funds for moving forward with Phase 2 of its Ramsey exploration program.
The company is led by Greg Hahn, a certified professional geologist and geological engineer with nearly four decades of experience in exploration and mine development. He has been responsible for taking several projects from mine development through to production.
- Huge upside potential for large epithermal silver deposit size with possible lead, zinc and gold by-products.
- 100-percent ownership with royalty buy-outs.
- Historical metallurgical test work results of 70-plus percent recovery
- Tight share structure. • Two-phase exploration program underway.
- Drill hole R1602-C intersected 15.3 meters containing 102 g/t silver, 0.12 percent lead and 0.35 percent zinc; higher grade banded amethystine quartz vein 1.5 meters wide with 276 g/t silver and 0.5 g/t gold.
- Experienced management team with track record of success.