The company said the final assay results received pave the way for the updated mineral resource, scheduled for mid-December 2018.
Orion Minerals (ASX,JSE:ORN) has announced that it has received the final assay results for the recently completed resource drilling program on the deep sulfide mineral resource at its Prieska zinc-copper project in the Areachap Belt in South Africa’s Northern Cape Province.
As highlighted in the press release:
- Final assay results received from the recently completed deep sulfide mineral resource drill-out.
- Paves way for the updated mineral resource, scheduled for mid-December 2018.
- The final 17 intersections included thick, high grade massive sulphides.
- Results include 32m at 5.05 percent zinc, 1.70 percent copper, 0.30 grams per tonne (g/t) gold and 15.32 g/t silver and 11.30m at 4.42 percent zinc, 3.70 percent copper, 0.51g/t gold and 32.68g/t silver.
- Assay results also confirm and upgrade key target areas for future drilling to extend mineralization beyond the current mineral resource.
- Newly-identified gold-rich lens with intersections of 2.27m at 2.22g/t gold, 2.80m at 2.40g/t golf and 2.40m at 2.19g/t golf highlights the potential for additional mineralization typical of VMS systems.