Expanding offering of traditional and cannabinoid-infused beverages and natural products through four major sales channels to reach growing consumer base
Diversified health and wellness; beverage and natural products company, BevCanna Enterprises Inc. (CSE:BEV, Q:BVNNF, FSE:7BC) (“BevCanna” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an outlook on its strategic evolution into a diversified health & wellness beverage and natural products company.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210302005504/en/
(Graphic: Business Wire)
With the recent completion of the acquisition of Naturo Group , and receipt of our Health Canada Standard Processing License , BevCanna is in the unique position of being one of the only fully licensed beverage manufacturing companies that produces and distributes both conventional and cannabinoid-based beverage and wellness products. We are creating a diversified health and wellness company, with $55M+ in assets and a global multi-channel sales and distribution network positioned for growth.
Independent consumer research projects the health and wellness market to grow to US$ 386.29B by 2027 , with a CAGR of 6.45 per cent, propelled by the global trend toward healthy lifestyles.
“Consumers globally are looking for appealing, health-conscious products that fit with their wellness-focused lifestyle,” said Marcello Leone, CEO of BevCanna. “and our evolution into global health and wellness company, will allow us to provide a wide range of innovative traditional and cannabinoid products that today’s consumer is looking for.”
The Company will focus on four separate and unique business verticals:
- BevCanna Canada – With the recent receipt of its Health Canada Standard Processing License (SPL) to manufacture and sell cannabis beverages and products in the Canadian market, the company is now focused on the following initiatives:
- BevCanna is now authorized to commence production of Keef beverages and its white-label products, with a focus on selling through licensed Canadian retailers.
- The Company is progressing rapidly with its commercial rollout strategy, with a definitive agreement with a Sales License partner, in the process of being formalized. BevCanna expects to start commercial production shortly, with delivery to select provinces commencing subsequently.
- In addition to its in-house and partner brands, BevCanna will be working with other B2B cannabis-license holders and non-licensed CPG customers seeking to enter the Canadian cannabis market.
- Naturo Group – BevCanna’s recent acquisition of Naturo Group positions the company perfectly to expand into the growing health and wellness industry with full ownership of its 40,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility, 315-acres of cultivable land, on-site alkaline spring water aquifer, and leading plant-based beverage and nutraceutical brand, TRACE. BevCanna’s key initiatives for Naturo Group include but are not limited to:
- Accelerating the expansion of TRACE in domestic and international points of distribution, by maximizing existing distribution points, and expanding to new distribution points domestically, internationally, and online.
- Expanding Naturo Groups’ white-label clientele. Naturo offers a full service white-label beverage manufacturing solution for CPG clients, featuring a variety of beverage product formats including PET, aluminum, and glass form factors, available in multiple sizes and custom shapes.
- Continuing to strengthen its leadership team with deep CPG expertise to accelerate growth.
- Pure Therapy – BevCanna’s recently acquired U.S. & international hemp & nutraceutical e-commerce platform sells a range of natural health products, including nutraceutical and hemp-based cannabidiol products throughout North America and Western Europe.
- The Pure Therapy acquisition has provided BevCanna with a proven e-commerce brand and platform to expand and launch its nutraceutical and cannabinoid based products directly through an existing customer base and a powerful direct sales platform. Pure Therapy brings an extensive list of approximately 23,000 customers acquired since its inception.
- The direct-to-consumer e-commerce platform has continued its strong Q4 2020 revenue growth into the first quarter of 2021 , with extremely positive year to date revenues. The Company has continued to invest in strategic new product integration and customer acquisition, with a resulting projected run rate of approximately C$7.68M in revenue and positive EBITDA of C$.37M in 2021. The company has also acquired 3,270 new active customers since its acquisition by BevCanna.
- BevCanna USA – BevCanna’s exclusive partnership with award-winning Keef Brands positions it ideally for rapid growth within the U.S. market, in anticipation of positive federal regulatory reform with the U.S. federal cannabis legalization.
- BevCanna’s recently announced partnership with the award-winning brand is mutually advantageous for the two companies. BevCanna will act as the exclusive manufacturing and distribution partner for Keef Brands in Canada, while having access to Keef extensive U.S. manufacturing and distribution network to access the U.S. cannabis market (which includes more than 1,000 dispensaries and delivery services across Colorado, California, Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Puerto Rico).
- Keef Brands currently offers eight of the ten top-selling cannabis beverages in Colorado as well as two of the ten top-selling in California 1 . Keef Brands ranks first in the U.S. both in units and dollars sold amongst all cannabis beverage companies 2 .
1 2020 Headset Insights report
BevCanna will continue to integrate its recent acquisitions of Pure Therapy and Naturo Group into its evolution into a diversified health & wellness beverage and natural products company. As the Company continues on its journey, the company will continue to communicate to its stakeholders, and keep them informed on its progress across all initiatives.
About BevCanna Enterprises Inc.
BevCanna Enterprises Inc. ( CSE:BEV , Q:BVNNF , FSE:7BC ) is a diversified health & wellness beverage and natural products company. BevCanna develops and manufactures a range of plant-based and cannabinoid beverages and supplements for both in-house brands and white-label clients.
With decades of experience creating, manufacturing and distributing iconic brands that resonate with consumers on a global scale, the team demonstrates an expertise unmatched in the nutraceutical and cannabis-infused beverage categories. Based in British Columbia, Canada, BevCanna owns a pristine alkaline spring water aquifer and a world–class 40,000–square–foot, HACCP certified manufacturing facility, with a bottling capacity of up to 210M bottles annually. BevCanna’s extensive distribution network includes more than 3,000 points of retail distribution through its market-leading TRACE brand, its Pure Therapy natural health and wellness e-commerce platform, its fully licensed Canadian cannabis manufacturing and distribution network, and a partnership with #1 U.S. cannabis beverage company Keef Brands .
On behalf of the Board of Directors:
John Campbell, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Strategy Officer
Director, BevCanna Enterprises Inc.
Disclaimer for Forward-Looking Information
This news release contains forward-looking statements. All statements, other than statements of historical fact that address activities, events or developments that the Company believes, expects or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements in this news release include statements regarding: the Company’s strategic evolution into a diversified health & wellness beverage and natural products company; the global trend toward healthy lifestyles; that the Company will focus on four separate and unique business verticals; production of Keef beverages and its white-label products, with a focus on selling through licensed Canadian retailers; the Company’s commercial rollout strategy, with a definitive agreement with a Sales License partner, in the process of being formalized; BevCanna’s expectation to start commercial production shortly, with delivery to select provinces commencing subsequently; that BevCanna will be working with other B2B cannabis-license holders and non-licensed CPG customers seeking to enter the Canadian cannabis market; the Company’s plans to: (i) accelerate the expansion of TRACE in domestic and international points of distribution, by maximizing existing distribution points, and expanding to new distribution points domestically, internationally, and online, (ii) expand Naturo Group’s white-label clientele, and (ii) continue to strengthen its leadership team with deep CPG expertise to accelerate growth; in respect of Pure Therapy, the projected run rate of approximately C$7.68M in revenue and positive EBITDA of C$.37M in 2021; BevCanna’s exclusive partnership with award-winning Keef Brands positions it ideally for rapid growth within the U.S. market, in anticipation of positive federal regulatory reform with the U.S. federal cannabis legalization; that BevCanna will act as the exclusive manufacturing and distribution partner for Keef Brands in Canada, while having access to Keef extensive U.S. manufacturing and distribution network to access the U.S. cannabis market; that BevCanna will continue to integrate its recent acquisitions of Pure Therapy and Naturo Group into its evolution into a diversified health & wellness beverage and natural products company; and other statements regarding the business of the Company.
The forward-looking statements reflect management’s current expectations based on information currently available and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that may cause outcomes to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements. Although the Company believes that the assumptions inherent in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and, accordingly, undue reliance should not be put on such statements due to their inherent uncertainty. Factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from current expectations include, among other things: changes in consumer preferences; changes to legislations and regulations; general market conditions and volatility of commodity prices; and other factors beyond the control of the parties. The Company expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
This news release contains future-oriented financial information and financial outlook information (collectively, “FOFI”) about BevCanna’s prospective results of operations, all of which are subject to the same assumptions, risk factors, limitations, and qualifications as set forth in the above paragraphs. FOFI contained in this news release was made as of the date of this news release and was provided for the purpose of providing further information about BevCanna’s future business operations. BevCanna disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any FOFI contained in this news release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by securities law. Investors are cautioned that the FOFI contained in this news release should not be used for purposes other than for which it is disclosed herein.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
This news release contains non-generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) financial measures. The non-GAAP financial measures in this news release include EBITDA, or earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. Non-GAAP financial measures should not be considered as a substitute for, or superior to, measures of financial performance prepared in accordance with GAAP. BevCanna utilizes both GAAP and non-GAAP financial measures to assess what it believes to be its core operating performance and to evaluate and manage its internal business and assist in making financial operating decisions. BevCanna believes that the inclusion of non-GAAP financial measures, together with GAAP measures, provides investors with an alternative presentation useful to investors’ understanding of BevCanna’s core operating results and trends.
Management believes that EBITDA, or earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, is a common measure used to assess profitability before the impact of different financing methods, income taxes, depreciation and impairment of capital assets and amortization of intangible assets. Estimation of revenues and EBITDA associated with the Company are estimates and have been used for illustrative purposes only.
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES
For media enquiries or interviews:
Wynn Theriault, Thirty Dash Communications Inc.
News Provided by Business Wire via QuoteMedia
Ayurcann Holdings Corp. (CSE: AYUR) (the “Company” or “Ayurcann”) an integrated Canadian extraction company specializing in the processing of cannabis and hemp for the production of oils and various derivative products, announces the granting of stock options and restricted share units.
The Company has announced that it has granted incentive stock options to directors, officers, employees and consultants of the Company to purchase an aggregate of 1,000,100 common shares under the Company’s Stock Option Plan. Each option is exercisable at a price of $0.16 per common share, expires three years from the date of grant and vest six months from the date of the grant.
The Company has also granted restricted share unit grants, pursuant to the Company’s Restricted Share Unit plan, dated April 1, 2021, totaling 1,548,875 to certain eligible participants.
For further information, please contact:
Igal Sudman, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary
Ayurcann Holdings Corp.
About Ayurcann Holdings Corp.:
Ayurcann is a leading post-harvest solution provider with a focus on providing and creating custom processes and pharma grade products for the adult use and medical cannabis industry in Canada. Ayurcann is focused on becoming the partner of choice for leading Canadian cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including ethanol extraction, formulation, product development and custom manufacturing.
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider have reviewed or accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
News Provided by GlobeNewswire via QuoteMedia
A planned business merger between two leading cannabis producers hit a small delay this week as a critical vote got moved.
Keep reading to find out more cannabis highlights from the past five days.
Tilray delays critical shareholder meeting
On Thursday (April 15), Tilray (NASDAQ:TLRY) announced it will be postponing its shareholder vote on the fate of its merger with Aphria (NASDAQ:APHA,TSX:APHA). It will take place on April 30 instead of April 16.
Neither cannabis company offered an explanation for the change. Tilray has asked shareholders to participate in this vote regardless of how many shares they may hold. “Tilray stockholders who have not already voted, or wish to change their vote, are strongly encouraged to do so,” the company said.
This news came days after Aphria shareholders overwhelmingly voted in favor of the business transaction, with a total of 99.38 percent of shareholders voting for the deal to continue. Confirmation from Aphria Chairman and CEO Irwin Simon indicated the partnership was en route to being complete.
This past week Aphria also released financial results for the third quarter of its 2021 fiscal year, in which the firm highlights the overall direction of the company with the Tilray deal.
“We expect to have a tremendous runway for long-term sustainable growth as we build upon our existing foundation in Canada and internationally by increasing the scale of our global operations,” Simon said in a statement.
Cannabis retailer celebrates digital trend
Bidding for the piece, named “Non-Fungible Toke“ started at a price of C$4.20. The retailer plans to donate the proceeds to two charities, Second Harvest and Less.
The latter is designed to counter the carbon footprint of blockchain technology, a common criticism drawn against the rise of NFTs and other novel technologies.
As of 11:00 a.m. EST on Friday (April 16), the NFT bid was up to C$169.11.
Cannabis company news
- The Valens Company (TSX:VLNS,OTCQX:VLNCF) issued its financial report for the first quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. In its results, the company highlights a net revenue uptick of 24.7 percent from the previous quarter, resulting in C$20 million for the period.
- Trulieve Cannabis (CSE:TRUL,OTCQX:TCNNF) closed a public offering of 5 million subordinate voting shares at a price of C$50 each for total gross proceeds of C$287.5 million. The company celebrated its financial position after an offering in January, which will lead to the pursuit of merger and acquisition targets.
- Australis Capital (CSE:AUSA,OTCQB:AUSAF) appointed Jason Dyck as its new chief science officer and chairman of the firm’s scientific advisory board. Dyck previously served as an executive at Aurora Cannabis (NASDAQ:ACB,TSX:ACB), leading the scientific efforts for the cannabis producer. “I look forward to providing AUSA with advice and direction in its scientific efforts towards bringing innovations to market with immediate and significant commercial appeal,” Dyck said.
- Truss Beverage, a cannabis drinks venture co-owned by Molson Coors Beverage Company (NYSE:TAP,TSX:TPX) and HEXO (NYSE:HEXO,TSX:HEXO), released the details of its new lineup of infused beverages. Six new drinks will become available around the summer and are intended to pair with the season.
Don’t forget to follow us @INN_Cannabis for real-time updates!
Securities Disclosure: I, Bryan Mc Govern, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.
Partnerships with Minardi Law , Minorities for Medical Marijuana, CultivatED, and the Georgia Justice Project will include clinics and virtual events across Florida , Georgia , and Massachusetts
Trulieve Cannabis Corp. (CSE: TRUL) (OTCQX: TCNNF) (“Trulieve” or “the Company”), a leading and top-performing cannabis company based in the United States announced today a series of expungment clinics located throughout south and central Florida as well as virtual events in Georgia and Massachusetts . The clinics are part of the Company’s celebration of the 50 th anniversary of 420.
During the month of April, Minardi Law has hosted expungment clinics and will be hosting two more as follows:
- Releaf Patient Appreciation Day, April 17 th ( Valrico )
- First Annual 4/20 Event ( St. Petersburg Beach )
At these clinics, an attorney will be present to review records and see if someone is eligible for a sealing or expungment of their records. As part of the events, Trulieve will be helping cover the costs for finger prints, legal fees, and court costs.
Trulieve is working with Minorities for Medical Marijuana (“M4MM”) to host a 4/20 Expungement Clinic, part of M4MM’s Project Clean Slate. This event will take place on Saturday, April 24, 2021 , from 9:30am – 4:30pm at Riviera Beach City Hall. Anyone seeking to take place in this event is required to register in advance at http://trulieve.cc/expungementpreregistration .
In addition, Trulieve is sponsoring the First Friday Series , a weekly virtual event from the Georgia Justice Project to help Georgia citizens with record restrictions, and is also sponsoring the Fellowship Presentation and Expungement Clinic being offered through CultivateEd and GBLS on Friday, April 23 from 3:00pm – 4:00pm . You can register for the Massachusetts expungement clinic in advance here: HTTPS://BIT.LY/2Q655KK
“Our mission as a company has always been to improve people’s lives,” said Trulieve CEO Kim Rivers . “We’ve always been dedicated to improving the communities we call home. Partnering with Minardi Law , Minorities for Medical Marijuana, Georgia Justice Project and CultivatED on these clinics was a simple decision for us; we encourage anyone seeking help with the expungement process to attend one of these clinics in your own state to start the process.”
For more information about Trulieve and the April expungment clinics, please visit www.Trulieve.com .
Trulieve is primarily a vertically integrated “seed-to-sale” company in the U.S. and is the first and largest fully licensed medical cannabis company in the State of Florida . Trulieve cultivates and produces all of its products in-house and distributes those products to Trulieve-branded stores (dispensaries) throughout the State of Florida , as well as directly to patients via home delivery. Trulieve also has operations in California , Massachusetts , Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Trulieve is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol TRUL and trades on the OTCQX market under the symbol TCNNF.
To learn more about Trulieve, visit www.Trulieve.com .
SOURCE Trulieve Cannabis Corp.
News Provided by PR Newswire via QuoteMedia
Seth Rogen’s New Cannabis Brand are Now Available at Apothecarium Dispensaries in San Francisco , Berkeley and Capitola
The Apothecarium is offering cannabis from Houseplant, the cannabis lifestyle brand founded by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg at its five California dispensaries. The Apothecarium has three San Francisco locations (Castro, SOMA and Marina ) and one each in Berkeley and Capitola (outside of Santa Cruz ).
“With the vast number of dispensaries in California , we put a lot of effort into identifying the right ones that align with Houseplant’s values,” said Seth Rogen , Co-Founder of Houseplant. “The Apothecarium shares the same commitment to creating a strong consumer experience that we pride ourselves on and we are thrilled to bring our three initial strains to their stores in the Bay Area.”
Houseplant is launching with three flower strains, all of which will be available at The Apothecarium, including: Diablo Wind (sativa), Pancake Ice (sativa) and Pink Moon (indica). Like their founder’s groundbreaking film “Pineapple Express”, Houseplant strains are named after weather phenomena. Each strain will be sold in a custom tin.
“We are so proud to be one of the very first dispensaries in California to offer Houseplant to our customers,” said Ryan Hudson , CEO and co-founder of The Apothecarium. “Seth, Evan and everyone at Houseplant love and respect cannabis as much as we do. We simply cannot wait to share their beautiful and delicious flowers with our guests.”
“We’ve been working with the Houseplant team for more than a year and are grateful to have a partner that shares so many of our values, including an emphasis on cannabis education, quality, reform of cannabis laws and beautifully designed, recyclable packaging.”
“Seth has been hands-on during the process, spending time with our store managers to make sure they know the products and how much care has gone into vetting and selecting the best strains. We think our guests are going to love Houseplant.”
About The Apothecarium
The Apothecarium is recognized as one of the nation’s premier cannabis dispensaries, with an emphasis on education via in-depth one-on-one consultations from highly trained cannabis consultants. The company was founded by three first cousins and two family friends in 2011. Our dispensaries are known for providing educational events that are open to the public at no cost — and for welcoming seniors, first-time dispensary visitors, and people with serious medical conditions. The Apothecarium’s flagship San Francisco dispensary was named the best-designed dispensary in the country by Architectural Digest . Patients and customers may order at our dispensaries or online for pickup or delivery at apothecarium.com [apothecarium.com] .
The Apothecarium is committed to giving back to the communities we serve. We have donated more than $400,000 in cash to community groups and nonprofits — plus more than $300,000 worth of in-kind donations.
All Apothecarium dispensaries continue to implement safety measures to protect guests and team members. Protocols include strict social distancing inside and outside the dispensaries, a mask requirement for everyone inside the dispensaries, no contact check-in procedures and ongoing sanitizing throughout the day.
CA Licenses: C10-0000523-LIC; C10-0000522-LIC; C10-0000515-LIC, C10-0000738-LIC, C10-0000706-LIC
News Provided by Canada Newswire via QuoteMedia
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario TheNewswire – April 16, 2021 Sire Bioscience Inc. (CSE:SIRE) (OTC:BLLXF) (FSE:BR1B) (CNSX:SIRE.CN) (“SIRE” or the “Company”) announces that Brian Nugent has resigned as a member of the Company’s board of directors (the “ Board ”). It has been a pleasure and a blessing to have worked with Brian Nugent over the past few years, his business acumen and tremendous experience will certainly be missed, SIRE wishes him nothing but the best in all his future endeavors.
About Sire Bioscience
SIRE is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with its wholly owned subsidiary PLANTFUEL® based in Denver, Colorado. SIRE is managed by a group of successful entrepreneurs who have extensive experience in the areas of consumer-packaged goods, manufacturing, logistics, and distribution. SIRE is a CPG life science company focused on the plant-based foods and supplements industry.
For additional information contact:
Sire Bioscience Inc.
Copyright (c) 2021 TheNewswire – All rights reserved.
News Provided by TheNewsWire via QuoteMedia