Klondex Mines (TSX:KDX) has provided an update on its first quarter underground drill program at Fire Creek Mine in Nevada. The new drill results were not included in its previous mineral resource estimate released on Sept. 16, 2015. As quoted in the press release: Fire Creek Mine Drilling Highlights: (FIGURE 1) FCU-0276: 1.45 opt Au …
Klondex Mines (TSX:KDX) has provided an update on its first quarter underground drill program at Fire Creek Mine in Nevada. The new drill results were not included in its previous mineral resource estimate released on Sept. 16, 2015.
As quoted in the press release:
Fire Creek Mine Drilling Highlights: (FIGURE 1)
- FCU-0276: 1.45 opt Au over 14.4 ft, or 49.69 g/t over 4.4 m (Joyce/Karen Intersection)
- Including 14.5 opt Au over 1.3 ft, or 496.49 g/t over 0.4 m
- FCU-0276: 0.31 opt Au over 11.0 ft, or 10.6 g/t over 3.4 m (Honeyrunner)
- FCU-0279: 6.18 opt Au over 1.7 ft, or 212.0 g/t over 0.5 m (Vein 9)
- FCU-0380: 1.93 opt Au over 7.1 ft, or 66.1 g/t over 2.2 m (Karen/Hui Wu)
- Including 9.7 opt Au over 0.7 ft, or 331.3 g/t over 0.2 m
- FCU-0429: 2.30 opt Au over 0.9 ft, or 79.0 g/t over 0.3 m (Karen West)
- FCU-0517: 1.04 opt Au over 1.6 ft, or 35.6 g/t over 0.5 m (Karen 1)
- FCU-0528: 0.41 opt Au over 4.0 ft, or 14.1 g/t over 1.2 m (Vein 41A)
- FCU-0532: 3.02 opt Au over 6.8 ft, or 103.6 g/t over 2.1 m (Joyce)
- Including 21.15 opt Au over 0.9 ft, 725.1 g/t over 0.3 m
- FCU-0538: 8.18 opt Au over 2.7 ft, or 280.3 g/t over 0.8 m (Joyce Splay)
- Including 42.59 opt Au over 0.5 ft, or 1,460.2 g/t over 0.2 m
- FCU-0547: 0.15 opt Au over 6.8 ft, or 5.0 g/t over 2.1 m (Vein 9 Splay)
Fire Creek Mine:
A total of 57 underground drill holes totaling 23,137 ft (7,052 m) were drilled during the first quarter of 2016. These holes were targeting the extensions of the main producing veins at Fire Creek, primarily the Karen, Joyce and Hui Wu veins. A significant portion of these drill results have come from recent waste development that has allowed the establishment of new drill stations. (TABLE 1)
The drill program extended the Karen vein by approximately 450 ft (137 m) along strike and an additional 125 ft (38 m) down dip from the resource. Klondex believes that the drilling suggests that the Karen vein is robust and continues to the North.
The drill program extended the Joyce vein by approximately 350 ft (107 m) along strike and an additional 75 ft (23 m) down dip from the mineral resource.
The drill program extended the Hui Wu vein by approximately 430 ft (131 m) along strike and an additional 125 ft (38 m) down dip from the mineral resource. The drill results have clarified where the intersection of the Hui Wu and Joyce veins occurs and continues to support this intersection to be a high grade ore shoot plunging steeply to the North.
Brian Morris, Vice President Exploration, said:
These drill results support our belief that Fire Creek is a much larger system than we know today. Of the known veins, these three primary veins in the system continue to extend to the Northwest and down dip exhibiting similar widths and grades as the existing mineral resource. These results are all new and have not yet been included in the existing mineral resource estimate.