- Komo Plant-Based Foods is a Canadian company providing easy-to-prepare, plant-based comfort foods that are shareable and designed for groups.
- The company has partnered with BRR Logistics, one of Canada’s largest frozen goods distributors, to leverage their vast network of participating retailers across the nation, to further distribute its products across Ontario and Quebec.
- To date, Komo Plant-Based Foods has more than 400 distribution points across Canada.
- Komo’s management team has decades of combined experience working in the plant-based food industry.
- Komo launched its retail Mac & Greens, following the success of its vegan Mac & Cheeze bake-at-home, frozen food product.
- Komo further increased its retail distribution for all of it's nine products across Canada with Loblaw Companies Ltd., Canada's largest Canadian food retailer.
The plant-based food market is expected to hit US$10.7 billion by 2027. Several new players in the industry have sprouted since Beyond Meat’s (NASDAQ: BYND) IPO in 2019. Some of these new players include the Very Good Food Company (TSXV:VERY,OTCQB:VRYYF) and the Tattooed Chef (NASDAQ:TTCF), while more established food companies, like the Kellogg Company (NYSE:K) or Hormel Food (NYSE:HRL), have created sub brands that focus on plant-based products.
In Canada, the plant-based food industry is also growing. Sales of plant-based cheese alone are expected to reach US $23.9 million by 2026. To date, Canada has invested up to $173 million in the protein industries through the country’s SuperCluster Initiative, which aims to increase the value of key crops and serve growing markets like North America, Asia and Europe for plant-based or new food products. With the growing plant-based food industry in Canada supported by government funding, the opportunities for investors are bountiful.Komo Plant Based Foods (CSE:YUM) is a Canadian company that combines the best parts of nutrition, convenience and the meal sharing experience. The company aims to create family-friendly and shareable options designed to bring people together through the power of plant-based comfort food options.