- Blue Sky Uranium is an advanced exploration and development mining company with a district-scale opportunity to become Argentina’s largest supplier of uranium.
- Argentina is a nuclearized country with three existing nuclear power plants and is the leader in small modular reactor technology, creating a steady demand for uranium. However, the country is presently dependent on imported uranium.
- The company’s flagship project, Amarillo Grande, is a district-scale opportunity with an inferred resource estimate of 22.7 million pounds of uranium and 11.5 million pounds of vanadium.
- The discovery of uranium was made in-house in collaboration with the Grosso Group, an organization that has operated in the country for decades.
- A strong management team leads Blue Sky Uranium with direct experience in the mining industry, compliance, and corporate management.
Argentina needs uranium, and lots of it. Argentina is a nuclearized country composed of several independent provinces, each with individual governments independent of the federal government. Many of these provinces have invested in nuclear power plants, with three plants spread throughout the country. Additionally, the country is leading the world in small modular reactors (SMRs), creating expanded access to nuclear power in regions inhospitable to traditional nuclear plants. However, nearly all of its uranium is imported.
The country’s investment in nuclear power and SMRs creates a strong local demand for uranium. The country presently produces only 11,000 metric tonnes of uranium (tU), but it’s estimated that an additional 55,000 tU remain as exploration targets. On top of its uranium interests, Argentina is advantageous for vanadium mining. Vanadium plays a critical role in steel production, which has a robust local market in Argentina. In addition, the country’s laws grant the government the right of refusal to mined products, provided they pay market rates, further sustaining the markets of both uranium and vanadium. This law creates a tremendous opportunity for domestic uranium production by providing consistent demand.Blue Sky Uranium (TSXV:NSL,OTC:BKUCF) is an advanced exploration and development mining company focused on the Rio Negro province of Argentina. The company has 100-percent-control of over 450,000 hectares of mining tenures, making it the country's newest uranium and vanadium district. The in-house uranium discovery allowed Blue Sky Uranium to create a district-scale opportunity for both vital resources. The company may become the largest domestic supplier of uranium for the entire country.