- WORLD EDITIONAustraliaNorth AmericaWorld
Commercializing the Graphene Revolution
G6 Materials Corp. (TSXV:GGG,OTCQB:GPHBF) provides high-tech graphene solutions for a variety of commercial, research and military applications at low costs. Through the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Graphene Laboratories Inc., G6 Materials currently offers over 100 graphene and graphene-related products to over 14,000 customers worldwide through the company’s e-commerce website. Some notable clients include NASA, Ford Motor Co. (NYSE:F), GE (NYSE:GE), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Xerox (NYSE:XRX), Samsung (KRX:005930), Harvard University, IBM (NYSE:IBM) and Stanford University.
G6 Materials has also developed a proprietary technology that encompasses the preparation and separation of atomic-thin graphene platelets. The company currently has eight US patents pending for the technology. The energy-efficient technology sorts and classifies graphene nanoparticles, which allows for low-cost and large-scale production of high-grade graphene.
G6 Materials’ technology has a variety of applications in sectors such as automotive, construction, green energy and fiber composites. However, the company is looking to penetrate the fiber composite market with its innovative products. According to a Markets and Markets report, the fiber composites market is expected to reach US$115.43 billion by 2022. The use of composites is on the rise in the wind energy, aerospace, defense, marine, transportation, construction and infrastructure industries due to the high strength and reduced cost that composites offer.
To this aim, G6 Materials has established a research partnership with a company based in Singapore. The goal of the program is to use graphene’s unique properties to improve the performance of the glass and carbon fiber composites used to build marine vessels.
Over the course of 2020, the company has strengthened its intellectual property (IP) portfolio by securing a range of IP rights, such as: the filing of a patent application for a graphene-oxide antiviral coating for HEPA air filters; the granting of a patent for a technology to make 3D printed materials for energy storage devices; a patent for a multi-segment 3D printing filament for the commercial distribution of complex structures made from different materials; and a patent for process of synthesizing trifluoroketones.
G6 Materials’ Company Highlights
- G6 Materials provides high-tech, low-cost graphene solutions for a variety of commercial, research and military applications.
- The company offers over 100 graphene and graphene-related products to over 14,000 customers worldwide through the company’s e-commerce website.
- Notable clients include NASA, Samsung, Harvard University, IBM and Stanford University, among other Fortune 500 companies and top research organizations.
- The company is targeting the fiber composite market, which is expected to reach US$115.43 billion dollars by 2022.
- G6 Materials has three patents granted in the US for its technology and has six patents pending.
- The technology allows for low-cost and large-scale production of high-grade graphene.
- An R&D agreement is in place with a Singapore-based company to improve the performance of the glass and carbon fiber composites used to build marine vessels.
- G6 Materials’ management team owns 20 percent of the company’s shares.
- G6 Materials closes acquisition of all membership interests of GX Technologies.