- Nirvana Life Sciences is an innovative research and development company focused on novel formulations for opioid addiction and pain management that use psychedelic compounds.
- The company is exclusively focused on products, rather than wellness retreats or psychotherapy programs like some of its competitors.
- Nirvana Life Sciences’ first phase of development is targeting two products, one to aid in opioid addiction recovery and the other is targeting non-addictive pain management.
- IP has been purchased from researchers who have extensively studied the effects of psychedelic compounds for medicinal purposes
- The company is taking every precaution to operate legally and protect against potential criminal elements that may target its facilities
- Pre-clinical research began in 2021 and the results are expected in Q3 2022 and will determine future developments
- A strong team of doctors and visionaries lead the company, each bringing their specialty to the company to fully develop its products
Opioids help people find relief from pain, whether caused by surgery or from a chronic condition, but they have the potential to be abused or lead to dangerous illicit drugs. This has created a crisis that has a significant impact on our global society. A 2015 report from the White House Council of Economic Advisers estimated that the opioid crisis cost the U.S. economy over US$500 billion. The crisis has gotten worse. A recent 500-page congressional report estimated that opioid-related deaths now cost US$1 trillion annually, roughly 4.3 percent of the country’s GDP. A complementary report from the U.S. Center for Disease Prevention (CDC) includes nonfatal injuries and estimates the cost to be US$4.2 trillion. Looking beyond the US, the World Health Organization estimates that 500,000 people die per year due to drug overdose, and 70 percent of those deaths are caused by opioids.
What can be done to combat the opioid crisis? It’s a complex problem, with governments, researchers, and doctors all trying to find the answer. Treatment is one answer to combatting this crisis, ideally helping opioid addicts return to a life that’s free from drug abuse. Yet treatment for opioid addiction typically consists of detoxification, psychotherapy and replacing the problem opioid with a weaker opioid, such as methadone or buprenorphine. While this regimen may help some users recover, one study found that 91 percent of addicts will relapse after treatment. We need more effective treatment to truly combat the crisis.
Psychedelics have emerged as a promising treatment for opioid addiction, along with showing potential for treating alcohol use disorder and even depression. Ketamine, known for its role in anesthesia, may be an effective treatment for alcohol use disorder. Psilocybin, the active ingredient in psychedelic mushrooms, shows promise for treating depression. Ibogaine, which is found primarily in the roots of the Iboga plant, may help opioid addicts recover from their addiction and provide a non-opioid replacement for pain relief. However, each psychedelic needs further research and development to become a truly therapeutic medication that can be legally used in treatment.
Nirvana Life Sciences (CSE:NIRV) was founded to develop novel therapeutic products derived from psychedelics. The company believes that naturally sourced psychedelics used in unique formulations can deliver non-addictive solutions that aid in opioid addiction treatment and ongoing pain management. Nirvana Life Sciences is focused strictly on developing effective products, rather than offering wellness retreats or clinics like some of their competitors.