- Lobe Sciences is a life sciences company headquartered in Canada with North American Operations.
- The Company is developing psychedelic therapeutics as an integrated biotech company
- Lobe Sciences therapeutic development is focused on mild traumatic brain injury(mTBI)and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) associated with head trauma. Recent pre-clinical data has demonstrated the effectiveness of these treatments.
- A provisional patent for methods and compositions for treating mTBI PTSD alone with 3,4 MDMA plus NAC has been filed.
- Lobe Sciences has collaborated with a multidisciplinary team from the University of Miami which conducted a preclinical study on the effect of the treatment of mTBI with PTSD or PTSD alone based on the combination of psilocybin and NAC. The Company has a Joint Venture with Virtual Psychedelics Inc. to develop the Krysalis System which has reached the early prototype stage. This is a major step forward as the team works to develop the industry leading platform for use with psychedelic and virtual therapy and counseling content in physician offices and clinics as well as integrating into the newly expanding Metaverse.
- Lobe will investigate the safety and tolerability of an oral drug candidate, L-130 (a molecular modification of naturally occurring psilocin) and measure absolute pharmacokinetics of this new chemical entity (NCE) given alone and in conjunction with NAC. Following the successful completion of the first-in-man safety trials, a Phase Ib/IIa study will be implemented in healthy volunteers and patients.
- Lobe Sciences filed a provisional patent for the preparation and use of its proprietary and stable psilocin related compounds.
Mental health and trauma impact a significant amount of adults in the United States, with 52.9 million adults experiencing a mental illness and 12 million adults experiencing PTSD. Unfortunately, treatment for mental illnesses is often ineffective, especially for trauma-based conditions. Psychedelics have emerged as a promising treatment for many mental illnesses, and two-thirds of physicians believe one psychedelic, psilocybin has therapeutic benefits.
Several neurological disorders, such as brain trauma, have shown promising results from psilocybin treatment. Mental illnesses such as major depression have also indicated encouraging results from psilocybin. Psychedelic compounds are generally considered non-addictive and suitable for the treatment of a wide variety of medical conditions. Companies that innovate safe and effective psychedelic medications are leading the charge towards a new era of mental health treatment.
Lobe Sciences (CSE:LOBE,OTCQB: LOBEF) is a Canadian-based life sciences company focused on researching and developing psychedelic medicines. The Company focuses on the clinical development of medicines to treat neurological disorders and brain trauma. Recently, Lobe Sciences announced the publication of a PCT patent application for its combination therapy for mTBI and PTSD. The Company’s mission is to identify and develop transformative new methods, medicines to improve brain health and provide new pathways for treating brain injuries and neurological disorders. Lobe Sciences is actively strengthening its balance sheet in Q1 2022.
Lobe Sciences undertakes the development of innovative medicines to treat mental health disorders and improve well-being while building a growing portfolio of intellectual property to protect our therapies. The company recently updated its scientific advisory board with experts in virtual reality, electronic engineering, and technologists to strengthen its pursuit of therapeutic VR devices.
Psychedelics (serotonergic hallucinogens) are powerful psychoactive substances that alter perception and mood and affect numerous cognitive processes. They are generally considered physiologically safe and do not lead to dependence or addiction. NAC is a dietary supplement derived from the amino acid L-cysteine. Taking NAC increases the level of glutathione, a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory molecule, in cells. Glutathione’s function is to protect cellular compounds such as DNA and prevent damage to them from reactive oxygen species and inflammatory cytokines. It is also used as an antidote for acetaminophen overdose.