- Cypress Development is one of a handful of advanced stage companies that are working at a Feasibility Study level with an active Pilot Plant, and advancing towards production.
- The company has delivered concentration solution from its Pilot Plant for testing production of lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide
- Direct Lithium Extraction (“DLE”) results from portion of its Pilot Plant revealed an average lithium recovery of 99.5 percent. These high lithium recoveries were accompanied by high levels of impurity rejection.
- Cypress Development has a Water Rights Permit in place, thus securing a majority of the Project’s future water requirement. Something that very few companies hold.
- The Clayton Valley lithium project in Nevada has an extensive surface deposit adjacent to Albemarle’s Silver Peak brine operation.
- In 2020, the company released strong economic standing with its pre-feasibility study, using $9,500 as a base price of lithium carbonate, including a probable reserve estimate of 213 million tonnes at 1,129 ppm lithium, IRR of 25.8 percent and CAPEX of C$493 million. Lithium Carbonate is now being contracted at $20,000 – $40,000/tonne.
- Cypress possesses very favourable economic and geographic positioning in leveraging a present strong demand for lithium, world-class mining jurisdiction and an advanced stage operation in their flagship Clayton Valley lithium project.
- 2021 included the commissioning of the Clayton Valley lithium , which completed 3-, 7-, and 14-day continuous testing and has achieved positive interim results.
- The company is well positioned to become a long-term, low-cost lithium domestic producer for the growing electric vehicle and battery storage market.
Electric vehicles aren’t just the hottest trend in Silicon Valley anymore. With wider cultural acceptance of green power alternatives, more accessible technologies and increasingly supportive legislative action, analysts expect this market and the demand for metals that supply it to climb to exponential highs.
In the United States, the government has named lithium a vital component in electric vehicle batteries and a strategic metal of importance. In 2021, President Joe Biden announced a US$2.3 trillion Infrastructure Plan, which outlines the intent to bring electric cars fully to the mainstream with investments of US$174 billion to promote this technology and construct necessary charging stations. This significant spending demonstrates exciting early-mover investment opportunities for lithium production companies and electric industries alike.Cypress Development (TSXV:CYP,OTCQX:CYDVF) is a Canadian based advanced stage lithium company, focused on developing its 100 percent-owned Clayton Valley Lithium Project in Nevada, USA. Cypress is in the pilot stage of testing on material from its lithium-bearing claystone deposit and progressing towards completing a Feasibility Study and permitting, with the goal of becoming a domestic producer of lithium for the growing electric vehicle and battery storage market.