Cannabis Cultivation in Atlantic Canada with a Global Perspective
Biome Grow Inc. (CSE:BIO,OTCQB:BIOIF,FWB:6OTA) is a Canadian cannabis company with operations mainly concentrated in Atlantic Canada. Founded on the idea that biomes are groups of biological communities that have been created in response to a common climate or goal, the company has developed a business model that focuses on catering to specific areas. Through the company’s subsidiaries, Biome is working to establish unique consumer, regional and B2B brands, products and services that are overseen by a centralized management team.
To date, the vast majority of Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) licenses have been granted in either Ontario or British Columbia. An integral part of Biome Grow’s business model is the placement of the company’s five wholly-owned subsidiaries, which service underserved regions in Canada. The company’s most advanced-stage subsidiary, Highland Grow, operates a 6,500-square-foot facility in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. Once expanded, the facility is expected to include R&D facilities which are to be used in partnership with St. Francis Xavier University to conduct research on creating unique cannabis genetics, developing new cannabis delivery methods and mechanisms and new ways of growing and cultivating cannabis on an industrial scale.
The company’s Ontario and Newfoundland facilities are both in the final stages of the ACMPR licensing stages. The Newfoundland facility is designed to target the Newfoundland and Labrador cannabis market under the brand Back Home. All three facilities are in various stages of construction as Biome Grow expands its operations.
As a supplement to the company’s cannabis holdings, Biome Grow has acquired an educational virtual reality (VR) platform, Weed VR. The platform uses a 3D scanning process that uploads existing and new cannabis strains from around the world. This data can then be paired with scientific data and consumer reviews to help an individual make an informed choice about the cannabis they purchase.
Biome Grow’s management team is comprised of leaders from a variety of industries, including former Ontario Minister of Health George Smitherman, who joined Biome’s executive management as Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs. Members of the company’s management team have held positions in finance, government office, growing technologies, regulatory affairs, business building and marketing. The team has experience in securing capital and providing additional resources to ACMPR applicants to help them obtain their licenses as well as deploying institutional investor capital.
Biome Grow’s Company Highlights
- Licensed producer in Nova Scotia
- Late-stage ACMPR license applicants in Ontario and Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Secured supply agreements with the province of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC).
- Released first shipments of the finished product to Newfoundland and Labrador in January 2019.
- Plans for more than 200,000 square feet of cannabis production and research space between multiple facilities once operational.
- Licensed to sell cannabis in five provinces across Canada.
- R&D multidisciplinary collaboration partnership with St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia.
- Highly respected and experienced management team including former Ontario Minister of Health George Smitherman.