- Avricore Health Inc is a pharmacy solutions provider that combines best-in-class point-of-care technologies with a secure, cloud-based platform for tackling pressing global health issues
- The wholly owned subsidiary, HealthTab™, offers fast, accurate and cost effective point-of-care screening. With just a few drops of blood from a finger prick, results are available on the spot and data is available in real time
- The current test menu includes up to 23 key biomarkers for screening and managing chronic diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease (e.g. HbA1c, Lipid Profile, eGFR). HealthTab™ has also recently added capabilities for bacterial and viral tests, such as strep and COVID-19
- The company leverages strategic partnerships with notable names in the diagnostic space, including Abbott Rapid Diagnostics, a global healthcare company and leader in diagnostics. This partnership allows Avricore to use Abbott’s Afinion 2™ analyzer to offer high quality, low-cost screening tests
- In June 2021, Avricore announced its Master Agreement to pilot its HealthTab ™ platform for diabetes management in select Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacies
- Avricore’s ultimate aim is to make actionable health information more accessible to everyone by creating the world’s largest network of rapid testing devices in community pharmacy
- The company expanded patient testing with the HealthTab™ platform in select Shoppers Drug Mart® pharmacies in British Columbia, bringing its diabetes screening program to Western Canada for the first time.
In 2020, the global point-of-care testing (POCT) market was valued at US 34.49 Billion and expected to expand at an annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4 percent to reach a projected US 81.37 Billion by 2028. The upsurge will be driven largely by increased demand for screening and managing chronic diseases as well as rapidly assessing infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
The accessibility of POCT has been an increasing priority of the world’s leading health organizations and experts. Pharmacies are ideal ‘hubs’ within the community to offer patients better access to the numbers they need to know for preventing or treating conditions such as diabetes and heart disease or the timely diagnosis of infection.
Avricore Health Inc. (TSXV:AVCR) is a pharmacy service innovator focused on acquiring and developing early-stage technologies aimed at moving pharmacy forward. Through its flagship offering HealthTab™ (a wholly owned subsidiary), its mission is to make actionable health information more accessible to everyone by creating the world’s largest network of rapid testing devices in community pharmacies.