- Applied UV is creating strategic products that cater to a direct market need, both during the pandemic and in a post-pandemic world where health and safety continue to be top priorities.
- Applied UV's patent portfolio covers 62 patents granted and pending in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, South America, and Asia. Applied UV continues to expand this.
- Applied UV has two subsidiaries, SteriLumen and Munnworks.
- Applied UV has acquired all of the rights to all of Scientific Air's patented, air disinfection and purification technologies.
- Applied UV received an initial order from the Tennessee Department of Correction for Scientific Air S-400 for use in its Prison and Correctional Facilities.
- Applied UV’s Airocide® is technology developed for NASA and is used by globally recognized brands. such as Del Monte, Whole Foods, Supervalu, Walmart and the Boston Red Sox’s Fenway Ballpark.
- CUBRC INC, an independent scientific not for profit testing laboratory, confirmed by a reputable Biosafety Level III Laboratory, Lumicide is proven to kill 99.9% of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID) within minutes.
- An independent study by MRIGlobal, an independent not-for-profit, contract research organization concluded that Airocide’s HD Air Purification System was proven to kill SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- Since 2015, Hungary's leading wine technology company, Cellarius, has installed Airocide® systems in more than 100 wineries in Europe.
- The US Army has installed Airocide® systems at its Aberdeen Proving Ground facility in Maryland, with the potential for future opportunities in other facilities.
Back in 2001, the National Human Activity Pattern Survey by the United States Environmental Protection Agency already stated that Americans spend around 90 percent of their time indoors. Author and Stanford University Professor Wayne Ott studied this data from 12 western countries and concluded, “The finding that emerges is that we are basically an indoor species.”
Fast forward to 2020 and the world is hit by a pandemic caused by a highly transmissible, airborne virus that reinforces the need for safe and effective sanitizing solutions to protect facilities, employees and consumers.
Indoor air quality has become an even more important issue as world economies start the recovery process. In 2021, 39 scientists reiterated the need for a "paradigm shift" and called for improvements in, "how we view and address the transmission of respiratory infections to protect against unnecessary suffering and economic losses."
In addition to this, the global air purifier market size is set to grow exponentially. It was valued at USD 9.24 billion back in 2021 and is predicted to hit around USD 22.84 billion by 2030. According to Precedence Research, the immense demand for air purification and sterilization in the US will be driven by the commercial sector.
Applied UV (NASDAQ:AUVI, AUVIP) is poised to benefit from both increased awareness and commercial demand. The company is focused on innovating new products to combat infections with products covering both airborne particles and surface sterilization and designed for a variety of industries, including healthcare, hospitality and other commercial applications.
Applied UV has two subsidiaries: SteriLumen and Munnworks. SteriLumen has three fully developed and released products that are actively combating pathogens using Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO) and or advanced UVC sterilization technology. Munnworks, on the other hand, is a legacy company that is still active, however, it is focused on expertly designed backlit mirrors for high-end hospitality businesses.