- Pampa Metals is a junior copper exploration company seeking to identify giant porphyry copper deposits along the Domeyko and Paleocene Mineral Belts in northern Chile.
- The company controls a unique, wholly owned land package across seven projects, covering a combined area of approximately 47,400 hectares along the Domeyko and Paleocene belts. As Pampa enjoys 100 percent ownership of all its properties, there are no deferred asset payments or project expenditure commitments.
- The company’s priority Block 4 copper project hosts several drill-ready targets, generated by extensive surface exploration campaigns carried out by Pampa, including geological mapping, trenching, geophysics, geochemistry and geologic age-dating.
- Pampa has farmed out two projects to Austral Gold and is actively seeking to farm-out three other projects to allow it to focus on its priority projects, including Block 4.
- Pampa has an experienced management team with a long history of successful discoveries and long-standing working knowledge of Chilean porphyry copper deposits, which underpins Pampa’s focus on its maiden Block 4 drill program, and its efforts to advance, identify and acquire other compelling opportunities to discover giant copper porphyry deposits in Chile.
Demand for copper – one of the most critical industrial metals – continues to be driven by the ongoing industrialisation and advancement of developing economies, together with global decarbonization trends; whilst the supply side response and development of new copper projects struggles to keep up with projected demand. Consequently, and further exacerbated by the declining production profiles of many major mines, the supply side shortfall is expected to continue to widen significantly in the coming years, positively impacting copper prices.
Pampa Metals (CSE:PM – “Pampa”) is uniquely positioned to benefit from this favorable backdrop through its seven exploration projects, which collectively form a large, prospective, and strategic landholding of approximately 47,400 hectares along the prolific north Chilean Domeyko and Paleocene Mineral Belts. These belts are host to, and highly prospective for, giant porphyry copper deposits. Pampa retains 100 percent ownership of all seven projects, with two of these projects under option and being farmed out to Austral Gold (AGD:ASX / AGLD:TSX-V).
With no deferred asset payments owing, or expensive expenditure commitments, new equity raised by Pampa can be directed towards aggressive exploration of Pampa’s wholly owned portfolio.
Chile has been the top copper producer globally since the early 1980s, and accounts for roughly 27 percent of global copper supply (2021), more than double the second-ranked nation. The Domeyko Mineral Belt is the world’s single most prolific copper belt, and is host to three of the worlds’ top five copper mining districts, whilst the Paleocene Belt also hosts globally significant deposits and operations. Owing to the challenges in securing meaningful tenure along these belts, both belts remain underexplored.