- JustKitchen is a network of efficient “Hub-and-Spoke" commercial kitchens, also known as ghost kitchens or virtual kitchens, that allow delivery-only food items to reach more customers and avoid unnecessary overhead and operating costs.
- The company has a primary presence in Taiwan as well as in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines and India, while planning to expand to other markets in the future.
- JustKitchen uniquely offers delivery-only meals under its own proprietary menus as well as for established restaurant brands, including Michelin-level vendors.
- The company expects to launch a JustKitchen proprietary meal ordering app as part of its emerging technology channel in 2021. Its digitally driven software solutions already leverage customer data to optimize supply chain management, menu creation and demand analytics.
- JustKitchen acquired the virtual branding rights to each of the Chili House and Ben Teppanyaki third-party Taiwanese restaurant brands.
- JustKitchen entered into a commercial arrangement to be the exclusive fresh meal provider to Uber Eats Mart in Taiwan.
- JustKitchen signed a commercial agreement to create fresh meal collaborations with 7-Eleven Taiwan.
- JustKitchen launched its proprietary software JustKitchen Operating System (“JKOS”) to enable food ordering in third party apps and devices.
The global food delivery service market size is expected to register a CAGR of 11.4% to reach US$311.43 billion in 2028. With the advent of social distancing restrictions and COVID-19 measures, the convenience and flexibility of ghost kitchens to offer consumers new and exciting delivery-only food items continues to grow.
Food tech solutions like online food delivery and ghost kitchens (also known as virtual kitchens, dark kitchens, cloud kitchens, etc.) have been quickly evolving to meet the demands of an increasingly digitized and service-based world in recent years. The ghost kitchen industry is estimated to reach US$1 trillion by 2030. Made to reduce operating and overhead expenses through optimized infrastructure and leveraging delivery-only models, ghost kitchen companies are shaking up the food scene and this could last well into the future.
JustKitchen (TSXV: JK; OTC: JKHCF; FSE:68Z) is a network of virtual kitchens that benefit from lower overhead and operating costs to achieve better economics than operating a dine-in restaurant. The company deploys a Hub-and-Spoke operating model in certain markets, which works to enable efficiency maximization and margins.
This Hub-and-Spoke operating model takes semi-prepared food from its full-scale commercial kitchens or “Hubs," which then distribute them to “Spokes" for completion before delivery to end consumers.