- Graphene Manufacturing Group (GMG) is an Australia-based company pioneering graphene extraction methods and using the resulting pure graphene powder to develop industry-disrupting products.
- The company has a proprietary single-step extraction process that creates pure graphene without the risk of contaminants that decrease its grade and usage potential.
- GMG’s flagship product is its aluminum-ion battery. It does not use lithium or other battery metals and provides distinct advantages over lithium-ion batteries, such as faster charge times and extended battery life.
- The company’s other products improve existing products in the HVAC and automotive industries, offering cost savings and superior quality to the current solutions.
- GMG has strategic partnerships with manufacturers, raw material suppliers and research facilities to support its endeavors.
- GMG acquired the manufacturing intellectual property and brand rights of OzKem's THERMAL-XR® coating products.
- GMG has commissioned G+AI pouch cell equipment to manufacture the first pouch cell format batteries.
Countries and companies worldwide are charging headfirst towards carbon neutrality, but supply issues with common battery metals are already becoming a significant hindrance. Enter graphene — a ‘carbon wonder product’ that may be the solution to storing the clean energy of the future. Graphene has several attributes that earned it its super-material status: a high melting point, hydrophobic, rapid heat diffusivity, lubrication and high tensile strength.
Advancements in nanoscience have helped further explore the applications and extraction of the super-material. However, much of the world’s graphene is mined using a traditional approach that calls for targeting ore with natural deposits, crushing the ore, refining the ore, and processing it to obtain graphene. This process is quite costly and leads to a higher graphene price tag. Fortunately, this creates an opportunity for companies that explore new methods of obtaining and processing the super-material.
Graphene Manufacturing Group (TSXV:GMG) is an Australia-based company pioneering a new, sustainable solution for graphene extraction that has led to the development of several disruptive products. The company’s flagship product is a next-generation aluminum-ion battery that completely sidesteps the need for traditional battery metals, such as lithium and copper. GMG has also developed additional applications for graphene, including HVAC coating and automotive fluids.