Second-Largest Landholder in Urban-Barry Gold Camp
Seahawk Ventures Inc. (CSE:SHV,OTC:SEHKF,FWB:7SR) is a gold exploration company and the second-largest landholder in the Abitibi greenstone belt’s Urban-Barry gold camp in Quebec, Canada. The company’s focus is on exploring its five gold properties: Touchdown, Mystery, Xtra Point, Skyfall and Blitz. Each property is contiguous or surrounded by Osisko Mining Corporation’s (TSX:OSK) properties, road-accessible and wholly-owned by Seahawk Ventures, a rarity as exploration partnerships are the norm for the region.
Since acquiring the company’s flagship Touchdown property, Seahawk Ventures has completed prospecting, stripping, channel sampling and an airborne magnetic survey. The magnetic survey defined numerous structures associated with gold occurrences and a grab sample from an outcrop assayed 11g/t gold and 27 g/t gold. Moving forward, Seahawk Ventures intends to complete approximately $750,000 in exploration on the property.
Seahawk Ventures has also defined two strong magnetic structures on the Mystery property. The company’s remaining three properties remain relatively unexplored. Seahawk Ventures plans to launch exploration programs on each property in the upcoming exploration season.
Seahawk Ventures’ Company Highlights
- Operating in mining-friendly Quebec.
- Second-largest landholder in the Abitibi greenstone belt’s Urban-Barry gold camp.
- Only company without a joint venture partner in the area.
- All five properties adjacent to or surrounded by Osisko landholdings.
- Osisko has launched an exploration program on properties surrounding Touchdown property.
- Assays from Touchdown graded 11g/t gold and 27 g/t gold.
- Two strong magnetic structures defined on Mystery property.
- Exploration ongoing for each property.
- Led by experienced management with track record of building successful public companies.
- Insiders notably hold 49 percent of company shares.