Great Bear Resources
New High Grade Gold Discovery in Red Lake, Ontario
Great Bear Resources (TSXV:GBR,OTC:GTBDF) is a Canadian exploration company focused on advancing its high-grade gold assets in one of the world’s premiere mining jurisdictions. In Ontario’s Red Lake district, home of 28 historic and currently operating mines with 30 million ounces of gold produced to date, an excellent network of access roads allows for exploration work year-round at Great Bear’s Dixie project.
At the Dixie project, the company has acquired a 100 percent, royalty-free interest of the 9,140-hectare land package that makes up the project. Dixie hosts geological structures and high-grade mineralization similar to that of the major gold mines and advanced projects in Red Lake.
In the summer of 2017, the company completed a 1,000-meter drill program to target high-grade, near-surface gold intercepts based on new 3D modeling. In September 2017, the company announced the widest and highest-grade intercept on the property to date: 10.4 meters grading 16.84 g/t gold. Results from the 2018 drill program included 16.35 meters grading 26.91g/t gold and 7.00 meters grading 68.76 g/t gold.
Great Bear is currently in the middle of completing a 90,000-meter drill program at its Dixie project. So far, the company has been able to identify three new zones of mineralization and expand the Hinge zone to depth.
According to Great Bear President and CEO Chris Taylor, there are many similarities between the mineral controlling geology for the Red Lake mine and the geology seen at the Dixie project.
“We continue to expand the robust and fertile gold system at our flagship Dixie project,” said Taylor. “Our latest drill results suggest excellent continuity of high-grade gold mineralization at the primary gold-hosting contact of the DLZ from surface to a vertical depth of approximately 150 metres. Historical drilling suggests that gold mineralization extends to at least 450 metres vertical depth and remains open to extension both at depth and along strike, which Great Bear will continue to drill-test.”
Great Bear is led by a strong management team and board of directors with a solid background in the mining and financial sectors. The company’s VP of Exploration, Bob Singh has decades of experience in evaluating, exploring and advancing base and precious metals systems for both junior and major mining companies. Great Bear Director Dr. David Terry is a professional economic geologist with years of experience internationally in senior executive and corporate director roles in the resources sector. Great Bear Advisor John Robins brings over 30 years of experience to the company. He is currently the Executive Chairman for Kaminak Gold Corporation and won the H.H. “Spud” Huestis Award in 2008 for his exploration work.
Great Bear’s Company Highlights
- Dixie project: 100-percent owned high-grade from surface gold in Red Lake
- GBR’s claims are accessible and have access tonearby infrastructure
- In 2017, Great Bear followed up on 160 historic holes with a 1,000-meter program testing a new geological interpretation
- Announced in September 2017; the widest and highest-grade intercept on the property to date: 10.4 meters grading 16.84 g/t gold.
- 2018 drill program returning high grade gold with significant results including 16.35 meters grading 26.91 g/t gold and 7.00 meters grading 68.76 g/t gold.
- Great Bear’s exploration team won the 2018 Bernie Schneiders Discovery of the Year Award in April 2019.
- Award-winning industry leader, John Robins, is a significant shareholder.
- Tight share structure, with approximately 40 million shares outstanding.