Cybin (NEO:CYBN) is a life science company advancing mushroom-based psychedelic pharmaceuticals and non-psychedelic nutraceutical products for diverse markets as potential therapies for various psychiatric and neurological conditions. Cybin is developing technologies and delivery systems aiming to improve bioavailability to achieve the desired effects of psychedelics at low dosage levels. The new delivery systems will be studied through clinical trials to confirm the safety and efficacy of therapies for major depressive disorder, addictions and cognitive function improvement.
Under its Serenity Life Science division, Cybin intends to sponsor and conduct clinical trials studying the use of products containing psilocybin as an active pharmaceutical ingredient used to treat major depressive disorder (MDD). Under its Journey division, Cybin intends to develop non-psychedelic medicinal and nutraceutical mushroom products, with over 20 formulations and unique form factors established to date. According to Grand View Research, the global nutraceutical market is projected to grow to a total of US$722.49 billion by 2027.
Cybin intends to pursue an IP strategy covering chemically-synthesized compounds, delivery mechanisms, screeners, protocols, and new drug formulations. The company’s M&A strategy is designed to acquire revenue-generating assets in the psychedelic sector.
Cybin’s Company Highlights
- Operating two divisions that are also wholly-owned subsidiaries, Serenity Life Science and Nature’s Journey
- Serenity Life Science division aims to fund research and development of psilocybin for medical purposes, developing proprietary active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs)
- Nature’s Journey division is developing nutraceutical mushroom products targeting the millennial generation, including a number of form factors
- Global nutraceutical market is projected to grow to a total of US$722.49 billion by 2027, according to Grand View Research
- Pursuing an M&A strategy designed to acquire revenue-generating assets in the medical mushroom and psychedelics space
- Signed a strategic partnership with the Toronto Centre for Psychedelic Science to improve its IP portfolio through research and development
- Brand ambassador and former NHL player Dan Carcillo is a major proponent of psilocybin and its remedial benefits
- Management team has facilitated over C$1 billion in pharmaceutical sales