- Billy Goat Brands (CSE:GOAT) is a venture capital platform focused on building a diversified portfolio of high potential, expansion-stage food and nutraceutical brands in the blue economy, while maintaining ESG initiatives.
- The company differentiates itself from a traditional investor as a partner that provides strategic assistance, network connections and support to its portfolio companies for faster scale and growth. All of Billy Goat Brand’s portfolio companies have been more than satisfied with the assistance that Billy Goat Brands has provided to them.
- Billy Goat Brands’ current portfolio consists of Sophie’s Kitchen, KOLD, The Vegetarian Butcher, and Evanesce Packaging. Sophie’s Kitchen, the company’s largest asset, focuses on delivering delicious and nutritious plant-based seafood alternatives that support a blue economy.
- GOAT to invest in Cascadia Seaweed, a vertically integrated company growing to become the largest provider of ultra-premium ocean cultivated seaweed in North America.
- Each company that is currently in Billy Goat Brands’ portfolio is expected to produce a more than 50 percent CAGR in each of the next three years.
- On May 5, 2022, the company increased its share in Sophie’s Kitchen to 35 percent, with CEO Tony Harris crediting the decision to the progress Sophie's Kitchen made over the 12 months, and its ongoing commitment to innovative food products.
- The company is led by an experienced management team that is well-versed in the nuances of the public markets, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, strategy, corporate governance, and operations.