- Barksdale Resources CEO Rick Trotman has successfully acquired and integrated world-class properties; his integral experience and reputation has allowed him to recruit industry leaders and partners.
- Barksdale currently operates five key projects: Sunnyside, San Antonio, Goat Canyon, Canelo and the Four Metals projects in the Patagonia district, Arizona, as well as the San Javier project in Sonora, Mexico.
- Arizona is the heart of copper production in the US – 68 percent of all copper mined in America comes from Arizona. Most notable are the significant porphyry copper deposits found in Southern Arizona.
- Barksdale is actively permitting the Sunnyside project for exploration. The plan is to drill Sunnyside and San Antonio in tandem in Q1 2023.
- Teck Resources, US Global and Osisko Development Corp are key shareholders, with approximately 25 percent combined ownership
- Barksdale is actively reviewing and qualifying other properties as an ongoing strategy to increase shareholder value.
Barksdale Resources (TSXV:BRO,OTCQX:BRKCF) is a Canadian exploration company focused on the acquisition and exploration of highly prospective mineral properties in Arizona and Mexico. The company’s assets are centered in high-value mining districts where discovery and future consolidation potential is strong. Barksdale has spent years developing a loyal following, including key shareholders such as Teck Resources (TSX:TECK.A,NYSE:TECK) and Osisko Development Corp (TSX:ODV).
Barksdale’s flagship asset is the Sunnyside project, within a portfolio of five projects located in the Patagonia mining district of southern Arizona, which has seen a significant mineral discovery as well as US$1.6 billion of M&A since 2018. Following years of consolidation, Barksdale is now the second largest mineral claim holder in the area behind South32 (ASX:S32), and controls five projects including Sunnyside, San Antonio, Four Metals, Goat Canyon and Canelo. Barksdale has received the exploration permit for San Antonio, and is actively advancing exploration drill permits so that it can fully explore its Sunnyside project, where the company hosts a large copper porphyry and the extension of South32’s Taylor deposit.
Barksdale has completed its first drilling campaign at San Javier, an advanced copper-gold project in central Sonora, Mexico. The project is located within a kilometer of both the national highway and power grid and is less than a two-hour drive from the state capital of Hermosillo. With over $10 million of historical work including 30,000 meters of drilling conducted, Barksdale is now in the process of updating the resource estimate and a subsequent PEA to fast-track their San Javier project.
Copper is a key element in the manufacturing of many electrical products used across the world today. With increasing interest in renewable resources, which heavily depend on copper for the transmission of electricity, the demand for this resource only stands to increase. Barksdale’s portfolio of assets deliver investors catalysts at every stage of the copper mining life cycle from discovery, exploration and near term production.