Your trusted source for investing success since 2007. Renowned for our market outlook reports and investing guides.
Diversified Gold, Lithium and Iron Ore Portfolio In Western Australia and Nevada
Macarthur Minerals Ltd (TSXV:MMS) is an Australian resources company focused on the identification and exploration of gold and high-grade lithium in Australia’s Pilbara region. The company is also developing two iron ore projects in Western Australia and has a lithium exploration project in Nevada.
Historically focused on iron ore, Macarthur Minerals has diversified into lithium and gold, most recently becoming involved in the conglomerate gold rush in Western Australia’s Pilbara region. Conglomerate gold was first identified in the area by Artemis Resources Limited (ASX:ARV). It presents as gold nuggets in the shape and size of watermelon seeds and exists within a craton of metamorphic and igneous rock akin to the Witwatersrand Basin in South Africa.
The company entered the Pilbara with an initial focus on lithium exploration; however, following the emergence of the conglomerate gold story, Macarthur Minerals has identified the potential for conglomerate-hosted gold and uncovered the presence of gold on its own acreage. Macarthur Minerals is conducting exploration for both minerals in parallel, which have been found to co-occur such as at Kidman Resources’ Mt Holland project.
● 1,325 square kilometers in Pilbara region experiencing the conglomerate gold rush
● Highly prospective gold exploration licenses, two of which Artemis Resources will earn up to 80% interest.
● Lithium prospects in Pilbara region that can be explored in parallel to gold exploration
● Two iron ore projects with inferred and indicated resource estimates with environmental approval.
● Lithium claims in Nevada with sample results of up to 405 ppm lithium
Get access to more exclusive Gold Stock profiles here.