Please confirm your editon.
Want to change your edition?Go to your My INN page.
The Flowr Corporation
Producing Premium Quality Cannabis for the Canadian Medical and Recreational Markets
The Flowr Corporation (TSXV:FLWR), a Health Canada Licensed Producer (LP) of cannabis under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR), is a leading cultivator founded by MedReleaf co-founder Tom Flow and a team of industry pioneers, successful start-up executives and top industry scientists.
Flowr is building the most advanced cultivation facilities in the industry which it expects to generate consistently high crop yields, deliver premium and ultra-premium cannabis products, and maximize return on investment. The company also will be an R&D leader as it was selected by the Hawthorne Gardening Division of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE:SMG) for an exclusive cannabis R&D alliance.
Flowr’s 85,000 square foot flagship facility in Kelowna, British Columbia, is engineered to pharmaceutical industry standards. This, along with exacting protocols designed by the Flowr team, enables the company to grow cannabis that exceeds Health Canada’s stringent quality standards without using taste-diminishing and smell-altering irradiation. Without the proper experience and protocols, most other Canadian producers have to use irradiation to kill yeast, mold and bacteria on their flower to meet quality standards. The presence of these pathogens and use of irradiation both negatively affect the pleasurable scents and flavors of cannabis while introducing or enhancing negative scents and flavors.
Leading Flowr’s cultivation program is industry pioneer, company co-founder and Flowr president Tom Flow. Flow is widely recognized for his cannabis thought leadership and expertise building and operating cannabis cultivation facilities. Flow designed, built and set up SOPs for MedReleaf’s flagship Markham cultivation facility which has continued to be perhaps the most productive facility in the country prior to the Flowr flagship facility. Long one of Canada’s most efficient and profitable LPs, MedReleaf was acquired by Aurora (TSX: ACB; NYSE: ACB) for approximately C$3 billion. Flow and his team have designed and built more than a dozen cultivation facilities and secured three producer’s licenses under various Canadian regulatory regimes.
In March 2018, Flowr and the Hawthorne Gardening Division of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, a world leader in lawn and garden products, announced an exclusive strategic R&D alliance. After evaluating numerous Canadian LPs, Hawthorne chose to partner with Flowr based on the experience and expertise of the company’s cultivation and R&D teams and the company’s advanced growing capabilities.
Flowr is entering the market with two different brands to meet the growing demand for premium, non-irradiated cannabis in the medicinal and adult use markets: FlowerRx for the medicinal market and Flowr for the premium adult-use market. In addition to Flowr’s in-house brands, the company has partnered with Ace Valley, a new brand from the team behind Ace Hill Beer, to provide cannabis products to the adult-use recreational cannabis market.
Flowr recently was issued a Sales License by Health Canada, allowing it to sell to the medicinal and recreational markets. The company has reached agreements to be a supplier to the province-controlled exclusive legal retailers of adult-use cannabis in British Columbia, Ontario and Nova Scotia and with a private dispensary in Saskatchewan. Flowr’s recreational products are available to more than half of Canada’s population and the Company has agreements with several major medical distributors.
Flowr Company Highlights
- High quality, non-irradiated cannabis to be produced at scale with a focus on optimizing crop yields and quality to maximize profitability and return on investment.
- Co-founder Tom Flow is a world-renowned cultivation expert and co-founder of MedReleaf (acquired by Aurora Cannabis for C$3 billion).
- Anticipate a lasting shortage of high-quality cannabis flower in Canada – Flowr’s 60,000-kilogram targeted capacity will help fill this gap while commanding premium prices.
- Cultivation facilities designed to support ultra-high yields with each room targeting six harvests and an industry leading ~450 g/SF/year once optimized, resulting in relatively low cost of goods sold.
- Targeting medical and adult-use markets, all with a focus on high margin, premium cannabis to drive top and bottom line growth.
- Partnership with Scotts Miracle-Gro subsidiary on a first-of-its-kind R&D facility under an exclusive alliance with Flowr.
- Broke ground on R&D facility and construction is underway.
- Obtained Health Canada Sales License and named one of the initial suppliers to the exclusive legal adult-use retailers in British Columbia, Nova Scotia and Ontario.
- Fulfilled initial shipments to British Columbia, Ontario and Nova Scotia.
- Strong management team with over 50 years of industry experience.