- Premier Health of America is a Canadian technology-focused healthcare staffing company that describes itself as an ‘efficient solution for a changing healthcare environment.’
- Its platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning through big data to deliver automated solutions to healthcare facilities and providers.
- The company is a true digital disruptor, with most healthcare facilities still relying on manual staffing solutions.
- PSweb is the company’s proprietary technology that powers its services. Its platform provides database management, scheduling, and real-time assignment in the context of complex healthcare working protocols.
- Healthcare workers can use the mobile app to sign up for shifts at healthcare facilities without manual intervention from a staffing agency. Any qualified professional can use the platform to decide where and when they work.
- Premier Health of America has multiple business units that cater to specific needs within the healthcare industry, such as on-demand staffing for remote healthcare.
- The company plans to continue expanding throughout Canada and aims to take its platform to the United States.
- Premier Health of America recently completed its acquisition of 100 percent of Umana Holdings, enabling it to work in regions beyond Quebec.
- An experienced management team leads the company through its continual expansion and technological development.
The need for healthcare workers will always exist. However, the challenge for healthcare facilities today is finding reliable, permanent employees. The pandemic only highlighted how extreme the need for flexible, temporary healthcare staffing is, as the global healthcare staffing market reached US$33.8 billion in 2020 — and it’s not slowing down. Experts estimate the global healthcare staffing industry will reach US$47.8 billion by 2026, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of six percent. Informed by the pandemic, even as it winds down, healthcare facilities now understand why they need to have access to temporary, on-demand staffing to fill in their gaps.
Despite these very real challenges, the healthcare industry remains notoriously slow to adopt emerging technologies that can improve efficiency and flexibility. Many hospitals depend on staffing agencies that handle all of their processes manually, from onboarding new nurses to placements. However, staffing agencies can only do so much when relying on calls and emails for every process. Even as the healthcare workforce in Canada grows by up to 8 percent per year, too many hospitals rely on outdated methods of finding temporary workers to help cover shifts. Healthcare facilities need a better way to find workers to cover a shift or help out for a few months.
Premier Health of America (TSXV:PHA) is a modern healthcare staffing platform that gives healthcare workers and facilities access to leading technologies to finally create a truly flexible workforce. The platform serves the healthcare needs of governments, corporations, and individuals. A healthcare facility simply posts an open shift and desired skill set, and providers around the country can claim it. The provider arrives at the facility ready to work, whether for a single shift or a few months. This happens automatically, removing the delay of a staffing agent manually calling providers to fill a shift.