Design and Technologies to Build What’s Next
Part of YDX Innovation is its Arkave division, one of the most advanced and immersive virtual reality (VR) gaming platforms in the world. The company is now expanding its network of gaming arenas with the goal of becoming the most popular multiplayer VR arena in the world. The first Arkave VR Arena was opened in December 2018 and have five arenas installed in the US, two in the UK, two in Canada and four in Brazil. The company has signed with two global distributors that are reselling Arkave worldwide.
YDX Innovation and The Walt Disney Company Brazil (NYSE:DIS) have signed an agreement to create exclusive content for Arkave VR. The objective is to create a new VR experience using Disney´s iconic IP, Mickey Mouse. The first game will be co-created by Disney and YDreams Global in Brazil and will bring Mickey Mouse to Arkave VR. The agreement entails that the Arkave VR Arena featuring the Disney VR game can be launched in different cities within Brazil, to start with. Other potential venues include: shopping malls, entertainment centers, events and movie theaters. Discussions with interested parties have started.
YDX Innovation’s branded experiences and conceptual exhibition arm, YDreams Global, has delivered over 1,500 interactive experiences for brands such as Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM), Disney, Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO), Nike (NYSE:NKE) and the NBA. YDreams Global also works as a partner for companies and brands to reframe their strategy through relevant human-centered ventures that integrate digital experience with a physical presence and venues. YDreams Global anticipates future challenges and connects them with the needs of the market, building innovative concepts and delivering them with international excellence.
The company has delivered internationally acclaimed projects such as the Bank of the Future branch for Bradesco Bank (BVMF:BBDC4), the World Cup VR Experience for Coca-Cola and the Virtual Aquarium, a product installed in shopping malls where kids can create their own virtual pet fish that they can visit every time they go to the mall.
With a recent rebrand, YDX Innovation has launched a third business unit: Immersive Exhibitions. A new event named Game On Festival was conceptualized and designed by YDX Innovation to appeal to the growing demand for esports and other gaming events. The main attraction will be an interactive exhibition about the history of videogames, offering various immersive experiences.
In 2019, YDX Innovation also delivered three new interactive and immersive exhibitions for shopping malls: Landscapes of Van Gogh, Water and Us and Curves of Niemeyer. The company announced in October 2019 that it had secured funds from a subsidiary company of Santander to create an interactive playground around the work of one iconic artist Tarsila do Amaral.
“With the immense interest in professional gaming and esports, we see an opportunity to create something relevant for this large demographic group, those who play regularly and always wondered how they would do in a professional competition. For the past decade we have delivered highly innovative immersive exhibitions. It’s important for the growth of the company that we continue to focus in proprietary content and on bringing our exhibitions to more countries,” stated YDX Innovation CEO Daniel Japiassu.
YDX Innovation’s Company Highlights
- Completed over 1,500 projects and over 5,000 interactive experiences in over 30 countries.
- Released turnkey VR gaming platform with over 10 arenas open worldwide.
- Clients include Fortune 500s such as Coca Cola, Qualcomm, Disney, NBA, Nike, Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), McDonalds (NYSE:MCD) and Cisco.
- Generated over C$24 million in revenue over the past seven years.
- Reported revenue of $2.27 million, representing a growth of 32.9 percent in 2018.
- Three patents in AR elements, virtual sightseeing and interactive shelves technology.
- Launched a third business unit, Immersive Exhibitions, including Game On Festival, which will host an immersive exhibition on the history of videogames.
- Signed a licensing agreement with Walt Disney Co Brazil to create a game using their iconic Mickey Mouse character for Arkave VR arenas. Pre-sales for the game commenced in July 2019.