Near-term Uranium Production in the United States
Western Uranium Corporation (CSNX:WUC) (OTCQX:WSTRF) is a near-term uranium and vanadium producer focused on advancing toward production at its Sunday Mine Complex located in western Colorado.
Over the last few years, Western Uranium has acquired a significant portfolio of uranium and vanadium mineral assets in Colorado and Utah from both Energy Fuels and Black Range Minerals along with the Hansen/Taylor Ranch Project located in south central Colorado—one of the largest uranium resources in the United States.
Today, Western Uranium is the second largest uranium resource holder in the United States behind Energy Fuels with 100 million pounds of uranium resources and 34 million pounds of vanadium resources. These assets include seven permitted mines, of which five are near-production stage.
Western Uranium plans to use its Ablation Mining Technology to drastically reduce operation costs. This industry-changing technology is catching the attention of major uranium miners. Currently, the company is working to test uranium ore for a major miner with a large deposit in Africa to determine if the ablation process can improve the project’s economics.
Western Uranium’s experienced management team is led by George Glasier, founder and former CEO of Energy Fuels and was significantly involved in the building of the White Mesa Mill in Utah.
- Second largest in-situ holder of uranium resources in the United States
- Uranium off-take agreement with top 5 energy utility
- Exclusive rights to process ore at fully permitted Piñon Ridge Mill
- Tolling agreement with Energy Fuels at White Mesa Mill
- 25-year license for disruptive ablation mining technology
- Ablation mining technology ideal for usage with sandstone -hosted minerals
- 2016 OTCQX listing
- Production at Sunday Mine Complex targeted for Q4 2016