Gold Exploration and Development in Kirkland Lake
Northstar Gold Corp (CSE:NSG) is a gold exploration development company building a portfolio of properties in the prolific Abitibi Greenstone Belt, one of the biggest gold and base metal producing regions in the world. The company’s portfolio currently consists of three 100 percent owned, high-quality “stand-alone” projects at various stages of exploration and development; the Miller gold, Bryce gold and Milestone copper-nickel-cobalt projects.
Northstar Gold’s flagship project is the Miller gold property, which has historic workings and an historic resource estimate of 270,000 gold ounces near surface. Northstar is working to validate and grow those resources with its own NI 43-101 compliant resource estimate to be born out of a planned two-phase exploration program slated to begin in early 2020. Historical drilling was limited, leaving much of the property underexplored at depth. Upcoming exploration will also focus on identifying new drill targets in underexplored areas.
The Miller gold project hosts “Kirkland Lake-style” gold mineralization similar to that of Kirkland Lake Gold’s (TSX:KL,NYSE:KL,ASX:KLA) South Macassa Mine Complex (SMC), one of the highest-grade gold mines in the world. Both SMC and Miller are situated in the world-class Kirkland Lake gold mining camp. Since 1915, seven mines in this region have produced more than 24 million ounces of gold at an average grade of 15.4 grams of gold per tonne. Miller also hosts comparable mineralization to Eldorado Gold Corporation’s (TSX:ELD, NYSE:EGO) Lamaque Project located near Val-d’Or, Quebec, another prolific gold camp in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt. Eldorado acquired Lamaque from Integra Gold Corp for C$590 million in 2017.
Northstar Gold is under new management with a restructured board having recently transitioned from a privately-held company to a public company to take advantage of a favorable gold market. At Northstar’s helm is an experienced team of capital market professionals and mining veterans well versed in the geology of the Abitibi Greenstone Belt.
Northstar Gold Company Highlights
- Newly-listed gold exploration company with a portfolio of three high-quality “stand-alone” properties in the prolific Abitibi Greenstone Belt.
- Advanced exploration-stage Miller gold project hosts historical resource as well as further exploration potential in the world-renowned Kirkland Lake gold mining camp.
- Miller has similar mineralization to Kirkland Lake Gold’s SMC and Eldorado Gold’s Lamaque deposits.
- Recent road upgrades have given Northstar improved access to within 100 meters of the main mineralized zones at Miller.
- Two phased exploration program planned for 2020 aimed at validating and growing historical resource estimate at Miller.
- First Nations agreement in place for Miller gold project.
- Bryce gold and Milestone copper-nickel cobalt projects offer further upside potential for Northstar Gold.
- Main target areas on the Bryce property include Sunday Creek which hosts high grade bulk tonnage potential and Pike Lake which hosts gold rich volcanogenic massive sulphides (VMS) similar to the Horne and LaRonde VMS style deposits in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt.
- Under new management and restructured board; all highly experienced in all facets of global major mining and junior exploration experience.