Enhancing the Delivery of Cannabis and other Medications with Nanobiotechnology
NanoSphere Health Sciences (CSE:NSHS) is a nano-biotechnology company paving the way in the development of innovative delivery systems for cannabinoids, medications, nutrients and animal health. Built on a foundation of over 20 years of research and development, NanoSphere has designed a patented delivery system that increases the effectiveness and delivery time of cannabinoids (THC and CBD) by nanosizing the particles and transporting them directly into the bloodstream.
With the aim of further disrupting the medication delivery space, NanoSphere is also in the process of using its platform for additional nano-biotechnology solutions in the delivery of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and nutraceuticals. NanoSphere’s delivery system makes particles easy to absorb and completely bypasses the gastrointestinal tract (GI) and respiratory system when cannabis is smoked, which can often cause adverse effects to the patient. NanoCanoids bypass first pass liver effect and avoids pre-systematic metabolism.
For its cannabis products, NanoSphere has developed a growth model that is based on developing partnerships with producers of high-grade cannabis extracts that have established distribution channels. Looking to build out this model, the company expects to enter into more agreements while it focuses on growth and on raising awareness on the alternatives to cannabis consumption.
In recognition of the innovative and disruptive work the company is doing, NanoSphere has been awarded the 2018 Frost and Sullivan Technology Innovation Award and was recognized by ACQ5 Global Awards as Company of the Year for Nano-Biotechnology, Innovative Company of the Year for Healthcare and CEO Robert Sutton was honored as Gamechanger of the Year.
NanoSphere Health Sciences Company Highlights
- Covered by US Patent No. 10,028,919 and US Patent No. 9,925,149, the NanoSphere Delivery System™ represents one of the most important developments for advancing the non-invasive and user-friendly delivery of biological agents in over 25 years.
- Nominated for NCIA award for 2018 Excellence in Technology Award.
- Awarded the 2018 Frost and Sullivan Technology Innovation Award.
- Recognized by ACQ5 Global Awards as Company of the Year for Nano-Biotechnology, Innovative Company of the Year for Healthcare and CEO Robert Sutton was honored as Gamechanger of the Year.
- Developing growth model through partnerships with cannabis companies producing high-grade extracts and with established distribution channels.
- NanoSphere has received its patent of allowance from the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) for its NSAID products.
- Technology development led by Dr. Kaufman, leader in delivery system nano-biotechnology.
- Management team of industry experts, and board of directors holds 50 percent of shares.
- The company has signed agreements in California, Arizona, Indiana, Oregon and Canada.
- Canadian subsidiary provides NanoSphere with international expansion opportunities.