Latin Metals (TSXV:LMS, OTCQB:LMSQF) is a resource exploration company focused on precious metals and copper projects in historically resource-rich regions of South America, specifically Peru and Argentina.
The company operates on a prospect generator model, focusing on acquiring prospective exploration properties at minimum cost, then completing initial evaluation through cost-effective exploration to establish drill targets. Latin Metals ultimately secures joint venture partners to fund drilling and advanced exploration, and in doing so, exposes shareholders to the upside of mineral discoveries while conserving capital.
Latin Metals' Company Highlights
- Focus on high-potential projects in Latin America, including under-explored areas of Peru and Argentina
- Management and advisors have decades of experience working for major mining companies and have a comprehensive understanding of industry needs
- Portfolio of 20 projects provides commodity exposure to gold, silver, copper and battery metals
- Less than 50M shares were issued and almost 50% with management and board
- Latin Metals ultimately retains a minority or royalty interest in all projects providing shareholders with exposure to exploration or discovery upside
- Investment by partners is non-dilutive and preserves corporate structure. Cash payments to Latin Metals reduces the need for equity financing.
- Latin Metals acquired a 100 percent interest in the Yanba copper exploration project, Coastal Coper Belt, Peru, close to its Lacsha copper project.
- Latin Metals acquired a 100 percent interest in three copper exploration projects totaling 5,000 hectares, located in the Coastal Copper Belt, Peru.
Latin Metals' Key Projects — Argentina
Organullo Gold Project
Latin Metals' Organullo gold project is 100-percent owned and consistent with the company's model; the project was acquired by staking at a minimal cost. The Organullo project includes almost 11,000m of historical drilling, in addition to rock and soil sampling geochemistry that has been conducted on the property.
Gold anomalies on the property have been shown to extend over approximately seven kilometers of strike length, defining one of the largest geochemical targets in Argentina. Only a small portion of this strike length has been tested by drilling to date.
Esperanza Copper-Gold Project
Argentina has a proven history of copper production, with 11 significant copper projects in the country's northwest region controlled by large mining companies. The Esperanza copper-gold project hosts an extensive copper-gold porphyry system exposed at the surface and extends to at least 400m depth. Latin Metals' most recent drill campaign returned 387m @ 0.57% copper and 0.27 g/t gold from the surface with mineralization open at depth.
The project is optioned to Libero Copper and Gold (TSX.V: LBC), who can earn a 70% interest by making payments to the underlying owner of US$1,900,000, cash payments of US$500,000 to Latin Metals, and incurring exploration expenditure of US$2,000,000.
Santa Cruz Properties
The Deseado Massif region of Santa Cruz is home to many advanced-stage exploration projects owned or operated by major mining companies. Since 1990, discoveries in this region have included almost 600 million ounces of silver and approximately 20 million ounces of gold. Latin Metals owns six properties in the Santa Cruz Province, all of which are close to known deposits or mines.
Mina Angela Property
Having completed the sale of the Mina Angela project to Patagonia Gold in Q2 2021, Latin Metals holds a 1.25% NSR royalty on future production. An additional US$500,000 cash payment is also due to Latin Metals on receipt of mine permits.
Latin Metals' Key Projects — Peru
The 100%-owned, 4,000-hectare Lacsha project is located within the Cretaceous age Coastal Copper Belt where discoveries include copper porphyry, VMS, IOCG and intrusion-related gold deposits. The project is prospective for copper-molybdenum porphyry. The project is located south and contiguous with Newmont's (TSX:NGT) Sumacwayra copper-molybdenum discovery.
The project was acquired by staking in 2020, and Latin Metals has moved quickly to complete surface exploration, resulting in the discovery of two large copper-molybdenum mineralized zones. Highlights include surface rock chip sampling, which has identified consistent copper mineralization at surface.
Latin Metals' Key Objectives
2021 Completed Deals:
- Esperanza Copper Gold Project, Argentina – Optioned out to Libero Copper and Gold in US$4.5 million deal. Latin Metals retains 30% interest.
- Mina Angela Gold Project, Argentina – Sale of asset for US$1.1 million. Latin Metals retains 1.25% royalty on future production.
2021 Objectives Going Forward:
- Lacsha Copper-Molybdenum Project, Peru – complete surface mapping, geochemistry and geophysics to define drill targets. Permitting of initial drill tests to be completed prior to securing a partner to fund drill testing.
- Organullo Gold Project, Argentina – secure option partner to complete substantial exploration program.
- Auquis Copper-Gold Project, Peru – complete community agreement and commence surface exploration.
- Santa Cruz Precious Metals Projects, Argentina — secure option partner to complete substantial exploration program.
- El Quemado Lithium Project, Argentina – secure option partner of purchaser for the project.
- Project Generation, Peru – identification and acquisition of additional exploration projects throughout Argentina and Peru
Latin Metals' Management Team
Keith Henderson - President, CEO & Director
Henderson has 25 years' global experience in the mineral exploration industry throughout Africa, Europe, and North and South America. He was educated in Europe, graduating with B.Sc. (Hons) and M.Sc. in geology and has extensive experience in multiple mineral deposit types and commodities.
Eduardo Leon - Exploration Manager, Peru
Leon worked as a Senior geologist on Lumina Copper's Taca Taca project in northern Argentina from 2011-12, where he helped manage an extensive drilling campaign that resulted in a major copper-gold porphyry discovery. Thereafter, Eduardo held a variety of senior technical positions with companies working in Peru, Mexico, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Brazil. Most recently, he served as Exploration Manager for Auryn Resources.
Dr. Mario Castelli - President
Dr. Castelli is a trained lawyer with 30 years of experience, featuring a particular specialization in exploration and mining. Mario has also held a variety of senior agency positions at both the Provincial and Federal levels.
Daniel MacNeil - Technical Advisor
MacNeil is a precious and base metal specialist with more than 19 years of experience from continental-scale project generation to in-mine resource expansion in a wide variety of geological settings. Daniel currently consults with mid-tier, private and junior mining/exploration companies on mine resource expansion and early through advanced exploration target delineation, drill testing and exploration property evaluations globally.
Dani Palahanova - Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary
Ms. Palahanova currently serves as Chief Financial officer of the Company. She has been working with publicly listed Canadian companies in the minerals exploration sector for over 15 years. She has held positions as CFO, Controller and Corporate Secretary for various junior exploration and technology companies in Vancouver. Ms. Palahanova holds an Executive MBA degree from Simon Fraser University and a CPA, CGA designation.
Elyssia Patterson - Manager Investor Relations
Ms. Patterson has an extensive knowledge of the going public process with private start-ups and works closely with private companies implementing strategies in order to list on the TSX or the CSE. Currently, Ms. Patterson is the CEO of Lycan Capital Corp., a corporate communications and marketing consulting company focused on activities such as coordinating investor relations and advancing general corporate development of public companies.
The information contained here is for information purposes only and is not to be construed as an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of securities. Readers should conduct their own research for all information publicly available concerning the company. Prior to making any investment decision, it is recommended that readers consult directly with Latin Metals and seek advice from a qualified investment advisor.
- EXCITING upcoming projects!
- IN-DEPTH reliable insights!
- SUCCESSFUL growth strategies!
- VALUE-BASED content!