As a vertically integrated cannabis leader with global growth, Khiron Life Sciences Corp. (TSXV:KHRN,OTCQB:KHRNF,FWB:A2JMZC) targets a market of 620 million people in Latin America. Khiron has operations in Colombia, Uruguay, Chile and a presence in Peru and Mexico.
Khiron has cultivation capabilities in multiple jurisdictions and is engaged in the production, distribution, marketing and export of THC and CBD cannabis. Khiron is leading scientific research, clinical trials and education programs, owns and operates a network of medical clinics that treat 100,000 patients annually, and holds endorsements from the foremost medical associations in the region.
Khiron’s Kuida® cosmeceutical brand, the first mass-market branded CBD skincare line in the Latin America region is distributed at retail and online across Colombia, and is in the process of entering Mexico, Peru and the US through the company’s wellness unit.
The Company has a highly experienced management team, and influential board representation including the 55th president of Mexico and former CEO of Coca Cola Mexico, Vicente Fox, and global retail brand entrepreneur Joseph Mimran who sits on the board of the Company’s Colombia subsidiary.
With corporate headquarters in Bogota, Colombia and operations in Uruguay, Mexico, Brazil, Panama, Peru and Chile, Khiron lists on the TSXV and Frankfurt exchanges as well as the OTCQB market.
- Cultivation footprint in three countries in Latin America (Colombia, Chile and Uruguay) and has operations in Peru and Mexico.
- Licensed for 2.4 million square feet of capacity for 220,000 kilograms of dry flower production, with 5,640,000 square feet of total capacity in all licensed countries
- Khiron’s capacity to export both, THC and CBD extracts (medicinal from Colombia) and dry flower (from Uruguay), allows Khiron to leverage low-cost cultivation to tackle the $140 billion European market.
- Distribution channels of branded products:
- Medical products: distribution through wholly-owned clinics in Latin America.
- Wellness: Latin America and US retail distribution
- Pets and Supplements: Through Dixie JV, Khiron is expected to have access to the Therabis and Aceso brand, which will allow the company to enter into the Latin American market, according to each country’s regulatory framework.
- Started Kuida commercial sales in Colombia in 2018, with products in process of approval in other Latin American countries.
- Educational and R&D approach to drive patient prescriptions into revenues, through six Latin American patient association endorsements and clinical trials execution for 2019.
- First medical sales are expected to commence on Q3 2019 in Colombia.