Developing High-Quality Jade Assets in North America
Jade Leader Corp. (TSXV:JADE) is a mineral exploration company focused on the acquisition and exploration of early-stage jade projects in North America. Jade Leader has six projects located in Washington and Wyoming, US. as well as one jade project in British Columbia, Canada.
Jade is one of the toughest minerals in the world and holds a place of the utmost significance and importance in Chinese culture, arguably beyond that of any other gemstone or precious metal. In recent years, the market has seen a resurgence of jade sales due to the middle class’ rising numbers, economic power and interest in owning the Stone of Heaven.
There are two types of jade: nephrite and jadeite. Both are used in a variety of applications, such as statues, jewelry, vases and other works of art due to its durability and the stunning array of colors that the mineral stone can be found in. However, pinning a price on jade can be difficult as each piece is unique. Factors such as color, translucency, size and workability play a part in determining an individual pieces’ value.
Jade Leader’s flagship DJ project is located in Washington state, US. Exploration conducted on the property in 2017, outlined extensive jade-bearing zones at Lode 1 and Lode 2. Lode 1 has a strike length of over 170 meters and remains open in all directions and Lode 2 has two exposed sections occurring over a strike length of approximately 50 meters. Both targets have been drill tested to depths of up to 30 meters vertically below the surface and widespread jade intersections have been observed. The DJ project is the only drill-tested, confirmed jade asset held by a public company anywhere in the world today. With numerous nephrite jade intercepts to vertical depths of up to 30 meters and jade bearing systems remaining open in all directions, the DJ project is currently the most advanced of its strong portfolio of jade assets.
Finally, Jade Leader’s Keithly Mountain property is located in the Cariboo goldfields, British Columbia. The Cariboo goldfields are typically prospective for gold, copper and nickel, but occurrences of jade have been noted in the area. Jade Leader has identified jade mineralization on the property.
Jade Leader Corp Highlights
- Jade occurrences have been identified on all its properties.
- First pass drilling completed at DJ, outlining Jade occurrences to depths of up to 30 meters, open in all directions.
- Defining new occurrences of ethically-sourced jade for the rapidly growing market in China.
- Operating in mining-friendly and logistically favorable jurisdictions in Canada and the US.
- Jade Leader is preparing a number of jade samples from the DJ project for pre-marketing purposes and to gauge market interest.
- Jades from both the DJ and Wyoming projects have been featured at the Zi Gang Bei jade and gem carving competition in Suzhou, China at the Chenzhou gem and mineral show.
- Five targets on the Wyoming properties have been identified to date, and have now been permitted for mechanized trenching.
- Management has a unique skill set entirely suited to jade exploration.